Sign in to follow this  
Trask

Can I wear longer shirts and sweaters with a shorter leather jacket

I get extremely cold and have to wear sweaters most of the year. I'd like to start wearing a leather jacket, but I can only find shorter ones. My look is very casual, but is it okay to wear longer sweaters under shorter leather jackets?

Thank you so much for reading this.

• Upvote 2

Hello Dear Trask! It's nice to have you here. So, your question is about wearing short leather jacket atop longer tops (sweaters). Right? General speaking, there is nothing wrong in wearing such combo, just make sure your sweater doesn't look bulky under leather topper. When I say BULKY, I mean the one that looks extra big on you. This can make you feel uncomfortable while wearing leather jacket on top. You can try slouchy sweater under it, but keep the balance and proportions. If you don't want to risk, then go for a slim sweater that will be a perfect match for wearing under leather outerwear. You also mentioned that most of time you look very casual, right? That's where creativity comes! You are free to try brightened sweaters under neutral color leather jackets. I personally wear Looney Tunes orange-red knitted top under Diesel black leather jacket. By the way, you can try sweater-dress under leather outerwear. Hope these ideas will help you out! :)

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Fashion Expert said:

Hello Dear Trask! It's nice to have you here. So, your question is about wearing short leather jacket atop longer tops (sweaters). Right? General speaking, there is nothing wrong in wearing such combo, just make sure your sweater doesn't look bulky under leather topper. When I say BULKY, I mean the one that looks extra big on you. This can make you feel uncomfortable while wearing leather jacket on top. You can try slouchy sweater under it, but keep the balance and proportions. If you don't want to risk, then go for a slim sweater that will be a perfect match for wearing under leather outerwear. You also mentioned that most of time you look very casual, right? That's where creativity comes! You are free to try brightened sweaters under neutral color leather jackets. I personally wear Looney Tunes orange-red knitted top under Diesel black leather jacket. By the way, you can try sweater-dress under leather outerwear. Hope these ideas will help you out! :)

Thank you so much, that's incredibly helpful!! :D

• Upvote 3