Sign in to follow this  
Allison King

Can women wear chinos to work?

Hello girls! My question for today is the following: Can someone please tell me women's chinos outfit ideas for work I can use next week? I am confused about these bottoms, as I don't know what I can add to make them look professional. Please help!

• Upvote 2

I personally used to think that chinos are made only for men. These lightweight twill made trousers come in different colors. If you want to wear them to work, then you better buy the ones in camel, black, grey, or any other neutral color. Now I know many different ways how to wear chinos to look botch fashionable and professional. These pants can be dressed for different formal events and office is one of them. Speaking of working tops, then the best style is a formal tunic, tank top or button-down shirt, cami, blouse covered with a fitted cardigan or blazer. Nevertheless, shirts in neutral colors work pretty awesome with chinos. If you are not into shirts, then a pretty ladylike blouse is an alternative. Even T-shirts can be worn with chinos to work, all you need is to cover top with a slim-fitted blazer. 

• Upvote 2

I love beige color chinos! They look both elegant, professional and casual. Just make sure to style them with a fitted top. A next level can be achieved by layering your fitted top with a long blazer. Better keep it in a fitted style. A more formal and professional and a little bit pulled together look can be achieved by tucking your button-down shirt into chinos pants completed with skinny brown belt and mid-heel pumps. Another thing that makes me love chinos is a kind of laid back look that feels casual, but you can make it very professional, all you have to do is to add a kind of classy top and blazer.

• Upvote 2