StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Aria Moore

What top to wear with bootcut jeans?

I usually wear skinnies or slim jeans, but yesterday I went to a shopping mall and bought two pairs of bootcut jeans. They sit perfectly on me, but I have no idea with what to wear these denim bottoms. Maybe you can advise me interesting tops I can pair with bootcut jeans? Thanks!

I find these jeans extremely versatile for a number of reasons. First of all, they ideally suit for wearing with classic office tops and blouses, as well as for wearing with a more casual tees and tank tops. Secondly, you can keep things creative as much as you want. Meet girls for brunch wearing bootcuts with a basic tank and cropped jacket. Dark wash denim bottoms can be easily teamed with colorful turtlenecks or sweaters and covered with belted pullovers or ponchos. For a cocktail party you can wear the same bootcuts with a stylish attention grabbing sparkling blouse embellished with sequins. 

The bootcuts are very similar to bell bottoms, but they are not so wide and flared. If you know what top you can wear with bootcuts, you can create an awesome look! I personally love creating slimming appearance. I do like tailored fit outfits. Sometimes I keep things office friendly, by teaming dark wash bootcuts with a well-fitted printed blouse or a lovely white peasant top. Don't forget about adding tight accessories, I mean good quality watches, high heel pumps, leather tote in neutral color, etc. I am a big fan of professional looks, You might say jeans for work is not appropriate, but you better think twice! ;) All you need is dark wash jeans, cropped jacket and a lovely neutral color top. If you want to create a daytime date outfit, then you should give a try to mid-rise bootcut jeans in light wash and pair them with a soft blouse in light or pastel color. Complete the look by adding a floppy hat to create a kind of boho inspired outfit.

Bootcut jeans look great with short sleeve tops with a round or V-neck in flowy materials like lace, silk, cotton, or linen. Get tops that hit just below your waist to balance out the bootcut of the jeans. You can also opt for tops that are cropped and flowy if you are wearing bootcut jeans that are high waisted