StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Aria Moore

How to wear sweater dress with booties?

Hello ladies! I've got another question for you. I am going to wear a lovely sweater dress and I was wondering with what shoes I should wear it? Should I go for high boots or short booties is okay. Please tell me, as I want to try this combo next week. Waiting for your answers! Thanks

I think sweater dress looks good with booties as good as with high boots. My friend use to wear chunky knit sweater dress with suede OTK boots. She updates this neutral color outfit with cool brightly printed clutches. Some say it's quite tricky to wear sweater dress, I think there is nothing so hard if you are not plus-sized or have a fuller figure. Just don't buy a very tight dress, otherwise you will show every lump and dump of your body. Anyway, I am here not to talk about dresses, but footwear. Go for short ones to show off your pretty legs. I prefer booties wit slightly lower heels, but you can try on flats or chunky heeled styles. I do not recommend to buy bright color booties, better keep them in black, grey or brown color. If the weather is especially cold, I advise you to add cozy knitted high socks or dark color opaque leggings/tights. 

Well, I think everything depends on your sweater dress length. If it comes with a midi length, then I guess best shoes to wear are booties (ankle length). Why? Midi length make you look shorter, that's why leaving some bare skin is very important, so that everyone see the thinnest part of your legs that will visually elongate your body and keep your legs look lean and long. If your sweater dress comes in a short length, then I think you can play with ankle and high boots. The same thing concerns A-line sweater dresses.