StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Aria Moore

What shoes to wear with wide leg jeans?

I am 25 year old lady and I have a fuller mid-section. My friend who is a stylist advised me to wear wide-leg jeans. Yesterday, I bought three pairs of different shades and I am a bit confused on how to style them. Can someone please tell me best women's footwear for wide leg jeans?

• Upvote 1

It's very important to choose an appropriate footwear for wide leg jeans, trust me, no matter how much you focus on your whole outfit, a wrong pair of shoes can easily ruin your look. What I love about wide-leg pants are much more versatile than skinnies. You need a careful detailing... either a vintage look or keep things simple and chic with contemporary footwear. You can keep things cool and retro inspired with a pair of wedge shoes. Make this combo look fabulous by adding a chiffon top and cute neutral color suit jacket. I personally love wearing wide-leg trousers with clogs. It looks so 1970's inspired and very hippie. Keep an eye on vintage inspired loafers. This will make you look a bit more mannish. Another cool pair of shoes is party sandals in glamorous shiny metallic color. 

• Upvote 1

I advise you to try on wide leg jeans with pretty pumps, no matter if they come with kitten heel, mid or high heels. Try on peep-toe, closed-toe, pointy or rounded toe designs. I am 100% sure heels will never disappoint you. You can make things look more vintage inspired by adding a pair of thong flat sandals. This footwear will give you a summery look, all you need is to wear them with wide-leg light blue jeans, crochet top and statement clutch. My favorites are ballet flats, these shoes are worth wearing on the streets, at work and cocktail parties. This comfortable footwear looks awesome with flares and wide-leg denim pants. If you want to create a sporty look for a lay weekend then you should pick cool espadrilles or comfy kicks. 

• Upvote 1