StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jenna Bell

How to wear long sleeves in the summer?

Wearing summer outfits with long sleeves is it weird? I want to know if ladies can wear long sleeves during warm season? I just feel myself cold when it's 90 degrees or something, I was wondering if I am the only one or there are other women who wear long sleeve clothes during Summer. 

You got me! Every person is different, so you don't have to worry about freezing in the summer months. I know many friends who wear long sleeves only because they are afraid of getting sunburn. I personally live in New York state and sometimes I wear long sleeve shirts and tunics with rolled up sleeves. Believe me, no one gives a damn if you wear long or short sleeves, just don't go for fur coat! This will look weird for sure! Plus, it's very smart, as during evenings it gets much colder, that's where long sleeves work well!

I use to wear long sleeves because of big scars on my arms, that's why I prefer to keep them away from other peoples eyes. I usually go for linen button-up shirts, as they are breathable and ideal for hot weather days. Buy only those shirts and dresses made of breathable fabrics. As I have already told: linen, madras, lightweight cotton and linen/cotton blends are cool! I used to wear lightweight tunic dresses in lovely patterns. By the way, there are cool almost see-through knitted lightweight sweaters that can be teamed with shorts, skirts and jeans. I personally love maxi dresses with long sleeves.

• Upvote 2

Hey Jenna, it is totally okay to wear long sleeves in the summers because it protects you from the Sunburn, redness and harmful sun rays. I also do prefer long sleeves as it protects the skin & helps to maintain the same skin tone.