StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jenna Bell

How do you wear off the shoulder tops?

I always look for something fresh and sexy. This year I am obsessed with off-the-shoulder trend. I love the idea of bare shoulders, it makes me look sweet and fresh. Sure, it's not work appropriate, but you can wear it to special parties and during street walks. Anyway, I would love to know some new ideas on how to wear off the shoulder tops, will you share with me interesting outfit ideas? Thanks!

Just before telling you awesome new ideas on how to wear this trend, I wanted to mention one very important thing: keep your off-the-shoulder top in a correct fit and size. Don't let it fall down or up. Most of off-shoulder tops look boho inspired, that's why you will need perfect proportions to keep your look pulled-together. The balanced proportion is very important. An extra support can be achieved by wearing bralettes or sporty bras. This stylish strapless top looks pretty chic teamed with skinny pants or jeans, but you can try it with flares and wide-leg trousers. You are free to play with accessories. The open neckline gives you a freedom of creativity. You can add delicate pendants or use chunky necklaces. 

Make sure this top doesn't ping up when you lift arms, choose the one that has no tight elastic, this will make it sit better on you. I know many ladies who say that they look dull wearing off-shoulder tops. You can avoid looking boring by adding gorgeous gold or silver necklaces. Experiment with different lengths. I am pretty sure jewelry will add an interest to your pretty top. Most off-shoulder blouses tend to be voluminous and bulky, that's why I advise you to tuck it inside your bottoms, no matter if it's a skirt, shorts, trousers or jeans. I love to see ladies who manage create smart looks with off-shoulder tops. You will need a bright color top and dark color sporty bottoms no matter if these are shorts or athletic inspired pants. You can also pair it with wide-leg ankle-length trousers, this will make you look chic and a bit relaxed. The best style so far is the one that looks casual. You will need a printed off-shoulder blouse tucked in mid-rise washed dark skinny jeans.

• Upvote 3