StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jenna Bell

What to wear over sleeveless dress for work?

I am working in a quite big company where is quite  strict dress code. I have several sleeveless dresses that look formal and great for work, but I am afraid sleeveless is not appropriate for working hours. That's why I wanted to ask what can I add atop of this frock to cover my shoulders and arms. Thanks!

If we are talking about summer season, then you can simply add a lightweight cardigan made of easy and breezy fabric. You are free to choose any color you want, just don't let it be too bright. Go for draped design in turquoise color, mid length black style or a collarless shortened version. How about wearing a dark neutral color lace capelet? It will smoothly cover your arms and make you look ladylike.

• Upvote 3

Most sleeveless dresses are used during working hours in the summer time, but we all know that it's unprofessional in most companies to wear sleeveless clothes. It's a dilemma, right? Of course, you should use layers to make things look corporate. Choose 3/4 sleeve cardis, blazers or shawls that will cover most of your arm.