StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Angelina Young

What tops to wear with maxi skirts plus size?

I must confess, I am plus-sized lady and I do have problems with clothes. Sometimes it can be difficult to find an appropriate dress or jeans that will look okay on my body. I heard that maxi skirts ideally suit curvy and overweight ladies. I am planning to buy some. But I do have a question: can you be so kind and tell me what tops look great with maxi skirts?

• Upvote 3

No matter if you are skinny or plus sized, you can still express yourself! I don't see any problem in wearing maxi skirts. I use to wear all kind of maxis. This year I am obsessed with printed skirts. Try on simple prints, like checks, polka dots or stripes. You are free to pair them with colorful tops. If you feel exposed, how about adding some layers on top? Think of cardigan, leather jacket or a lightweight kimono jacket. Cotton fitted maxi skirts in bright patterns like Aztec print can be styled with oversized loose-fitted tops in solid neutral color. You can also define your waist by adding a thin belt. If belt is not your piece of cake, then you can try on a cropped shirt tied into a knot at the waist area. 

Top and maxi skirt is a timeless outfit that will make you look fresh and feminine all summer season long. You are free to choose whatever top to team with your favorite maxi. Just keep in mind several things: don't let this combo make you look big, that's why you should either tuck your top inside or make a front knot, the untucked shirts and tops will for sure make you look bulky. You need to create a defined and ladylike waist, that's why you can also add a cute belt. Go for a fitted shirt worn under jean jacket. If it's super hot outside, then you can choose a semi-sheer cardigan or kimono jacket instead of denim jacket.