StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Angelina Young

How to wear jeans to look slim?

I hate clothes that visually add weight to my silhouette. I am not a plus sized lady, but I do have some problem areas. Anyway, I'd like to know if there are few styling tricks on how to look thinner wearing jeans, do I need a special pair? Color? Please advise.

• Upvote 1

I think if you want to look slim in your jeans, then you need a pair that will hug you in all the right places. Try on dark boot cut jeans, they are most flattering ones. The slight flare at the ankle gives a perfect, long and lean look. Just compliment them with a long top that will cover your hips and complete the look with a cropped jacket. You can also go for skinny jeans and style them with body skimming clothes. Go for lightweight long cardigans, or necklaces. Buy clothes in structured fabrics. This will conceal imperfections and visually shape your body. Sure, you better stay away from loose-fit tops, as they fore sure will make you look bigger, that's why try on slim jeans with a voluminous tunic that is completed with a belt. No matter if it's skinny or wide, but I am pretty sure it will define your waist. If you are bottom-heavy, then go for very dark pants that will create a long silhouette. 

Yes, you can look slimmer wearing jeans, all you need is to find an appropriate style and color. Sure, it's not a simple task, but everything is doable. Try on dark wash jeans in slim-fit style. High-rise denim pants can actually make you look slimmer. Just buy yourself a well-fitted pair that will easily elongate your lower body, making you look leaner and slimmer. The length of jeans is very important. Jeans that end an inch below the ankle are ideal for elongating your silhouette. You should pay attention to the shoes you are wearing with jeans. They can match the color of denim or be in nude color to visually elongate your legs and make you look slimmer.