StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Angelina Young

How to wear blouses with skirts?

Hi, everyone! Just to let you know, I am not a kind of lady with no style, as I try my best to look stylish no matter if I am at work, party, walking down the streets or at home. But, I do struggling with one particular combination that always makes me feel lost, I am talking about skirts and blouses. Can someone please tell me basic rules or tips and tricks to make this pairing look great on me. Thanks

I am glad you asked this question! I also had such problem not so long time ago. The thing is, the world is full of perfect pairings you can recreate by inventing something new, maximizing your wardrobe potential. I have brilliant ideas of chic shirts and skirts combos you can try this year. This look is much more versatile than a dress, plus it looks more feminine than pants and shirt combos. You are free to decide which top or skirt you gonna wear, as it can be a high neck top or an A-line mini skirt. For instance, try on a cute polka dot neck tie blouse tucked in suede front buttoned suede mini skirt, this is a gorgeous 1960's inspired look that is both feminine and retro inspired. Some girls, like Kim Kardashian wear bodycon fitted skirts with skin-tight blouses or bodysuits, this appearance looks a bit minimalistic, but it's worth to invest in. Recreate it with muted color palettes by choosing a lovely top tucked in bodycon skirt (midis are ideal). By the way, you can mix up casual with dressy pieces, for instance go for a simple whit tees tucked in elegant furry maxi skirt. That's what I call a glamorous touch! The basic piece is mixed with glamour bottoms.

I know thousands of cool skirt and blouse combos. You can go for a turtleneck top and tuck it inside cool denim A-line button-front skirt and complete the look by adding a cool leather jacket and high boots. Keep an eye on Oxfords shirt tucked in pencil skirt -this combo is timeless and always a great choice for everyday events, no matter if it's work or special meeting. Just add understated elegant mid heel pumps to complete this look. My personal advise is to keep color more light and keep things fresh and youthful. If you want to show off your abs, hen the best way to do so is to go for a crop tops and team it with a midi high-rise skirt. Just make sure to keep proportions. If you want to try on something sexy, then go for a lacy blouse tucked in high-rise leather mini skirt. This is something gorgeous and feminine. 

If you want an ensemble that feels unexpected, layer a tank top over your T-shirt and wear it with a polka-dot skirt. Style Tip: A sleek bias-cut slip skirt will always look good with a soft tee. Style Tip: Give your outfit an edge with a pair of knee-high boots.