StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Angelina Young

What to wear under a short dress?

I am not a cheap lady, but I confess, I do like short skirts and dresses. I have really cute minidresses and skirts that I use to wear when it gets a bit warm. The thing is, I don't want to wear only my undies, as going upstairs can be quite awkward for people who go up before me. Do you have any tips or ideas about things I need to wear under short skirts.

I do understand your problem. You can use spandex shorts, you could also wear leggings. Spandex shorts might be one of the best solutions. These bottoms can be bought anywhere you want. If the weather is cold, you can go for opaque tights. I know some ladies who wear sleeping boxers underneath, but if someone sees it, it will be a big laugh. Anyway, short shorts in a slim or skinny fit helps a lot! 

You can go for boylegs, boxers or short shorts made of different materials. Of course leggings or tights in dark color is also a good choice, but if it's warm outside, I guess you gonna feel uncomfortable. Use panties that cover your whole butt. I know some ladies who wear super short undies. There are also other great alternatives, like bodysuits, slipdresses, bloomers, rompers are great for short skirts.

As already mentioned in the first tip, you can wear a pair of cycling shorts underneath your dress. Make sure that the shorts are fully covered by the dress. They should not be visible from underneath. And if possible, go for a neutral colour like black or a nude that matches your skin tone.