StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Angelina Young

What to wear to a casual cocktail party?

I was invited to one party, where in invitation is written casual cocktail dress code. What does it means? I am going to a party but don't know what to wear. I think it's the same casual party, but less formal than evening wear, right?  Can someone please advise me interesting casual cocktail party style ideas for women?

Once I was invited to my friend's engagement party where dress code was cocktail casual. I also never heard about such style before. I asked one of my friends who is a stylist and she told it's a relaxed way of looking dressy. That's why I chose a simple LBD with cute pearl necklace and earrings completed with mid heel red sandals. Or you can give a try to a fit and flare polka dot dress. Some ladies choose skirts and shiny tops covered with slim fit cardigans. 

That's a perfect dress code for me, as it's less formal than black tie. It's not business casual, it's something between of cocktail and business casual. Avoid denim looks and try on a feminine A-line or pencil skirt with a dressy blouse or shirt. If you are not into shirts, you can give a try to a fitted sweater and compliment it with a sparkling necklace. If you want to look more sophisticated, best way is to add a minimalist touch, like black pants and cream hue blouse. I use to wear slim ankle length trousers in black color with sexy pumps and semi-sheer chiffon blouse.