StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Angelina Young

What shoes to wear with pleated skirts?

Nothing gets more ladylike and sweet than a pleated skirt. This bottom piece can make any woman look chic and sexy, but I don't know what footwear looks great with a pleated skirt. Can someone please advice me interesting outfit ideas? Thanks

Yep, everyone is obsessed with versatility of pleats this season. The look is whimsical and ladylike. This year you can choose so many pretty designs, ranging from silken pleats to leather pleat skirts. Of course, everything depends where you gonna wear it. You can use it from work, night outs to street walks and home parties. I love to see women wearing bright colored midi pleated skirts teamed with matching color sweater and nude pumps, it looks very sympathetic and oh-so-chic. If you are more into sophisticated outfit, then you probably should give a try to maxi black pleated skirt styled with a semi-sheer top and chunky boots. If you want to create a school girl inspired outfit, then how about pairing black pleated skirt with a black long-sleeve top with white cuffs and collar? Those ladies who want to achieve a sexy appearance should go for a mini pleated skirt teamed with a slouchy sweater and knee-high boots. If you want to create a perfect balance between sports and elegance, then you might like to give a try to a quilted blue biker jacket and cream-beige midi pleated skirt complimented with cool white slip-on sneakers. 

Pleated skirts come in various length and shapes. For instance, you can try on skirt with knife pleats or the ones with wide panels. I am a big fan of accordion folds. I also do like pleated skirts made of cool textures, like leather or neoprene. For instance, try on a shiny silver long knife pleated skirt with cool lace-up beige slip-ons, or give a try to knife-pleated semi-sheer overlayed white skirt teamed with strappy flat sandals. Black leather styled look awesome with sporty shoes. Don't be afraid to make wow-effect.