Sign in to follow this  
Abbie Modish

Should I buy the engagement ring or let my man do the surprise?

I have a question regarding the engagement ring. Is it okay to go with my man to the jewellery store and choose a ring that I like? Or should I let my man do the surprise and purchase the ring that he likes?

Well, traditionally etiquette dictates that the man purchases the ring and surprises the woman. But nowadays, it's OKAY to see couple shopping for the ring together. 

Usually a guy buys a ring to his fiancée. I guess it's a long standing tradition. My husband has chosen the ring by himself, as he knew what design would perfectly match my style. In modern life, I hear lots ladies saying about going with their grooms to the jewellery store choosing a ring. I was shocked, but then I started to think, what if my husband gave be the box with a ring that wasn't what I expected to see? Some men can't read their ladies minds and it doesn't mean they don't love them. I am not saying you should go with your guy to the store and buy ring, you can simply point him the right direction, saying this ring would be a perfect for a girl to receive as an engagement ring. Dig it?