StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie White

How to wear a tunic dress with leggings?

I want to wear a dress during Fall months, but I know it's cold and I will need to cover my legs. I don't want to wear tights, that's why I am thinking of tunic dress and leggings combination. Can someone please tell me how to wear a tunic dress with leggings? Thank you!

I actually wear leggings as tights. If you want to look less formal and more comfortable, then leggings is the best choice so far. I wear knee leggings with summer dresses during hot days and ankle leggings with a dress during Winter days. It doesn't matter what shoes you gonna wear, it can be boots, pumps or ballet flats. Of course, leggings by themselves are casual, just keep in mind- special occasion dress will look weird with leggings. A too shot dress can't be used as a tunic, don't try to look like a little girl. Avoid stiletto pumps with leggings and tunic dress, it looks trashy! If you want to wear this combo to work, just ask yourself: does it looks professional enough? Anyway, it's very important to keep your overall look balanced. 

I decided to share with you my favorite outfit ideas how to wear tunic dress with leggings. As you can see, there are good chances to look nice in this combination. Keep the length of tunic dress below your butt section and I recommend to choose neutral color leggings for professional settings. Sure you can go for printed ones, but you can wear them only to casual parties and maybe rock festivals. I personally wear leather leggings with sweater dresses on the streets, it's casual but it looks damn nice! 

Black-Tunic-And-Leggings.jpg

Charcoal-Tunic-Black-Leggings-White-Low-Top-Sneakers-Black-Clutch.jpg

how to wear tunic dress with leggings 1.jpg

how to wear tunic dress with leggings 2.jpg

how to wear tunic dress with leggings 3.jpg

how to wear tunic dress with leggings 4.jpg

how to wear tunic dress with leggings 5.jpg

how to wear tunic dress with leggings 6.jpg

how to wear tunic dress with leggings 7.jpg

how to wear tunic dress with leggings 8.jpg

how to wear tunic dress with leggings 9.jpg

Leggings-And-Tunic-Outfit.jpg

Tunic-Leggings-Lace-Up-Ankle-Boots-Tote-Bag-Watch.jpg

Tunic-Leggings-Pumps-Hat-Pendant.jpg

A basic rule of thumb: Wear a longer tunic with long leggings (that come to the ankle or below) and a shorter tunic with capri or cropped leggings. If you wear a longer top with shorter leggings it can make your legs appear very short.