StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mia Norton

How to dress up like a hippie for school?

I need your help! I don't know how to dress up like a hippie for school. I feel it hard to look like a hippie. Can someone please tell me interesting outfit ideas or style tips I can use. Do you have any suggestion? Advice?

• Upvote 2

Sure, it can be hard to dress up like hippie for school, but it's possible. There is one very important rule: DON'T OVERDO your look! You just need to be natural and express yourself. I recommend to wear loose and comfortable clothing. Think of simple tees, natural accessories, use tie-dyed tops, long-sleeved peasant blouses, compliment your top with a fringed suede vest. Use contrasting styling, short versus long, colorful versus monochrome, loose versus tight clothes. Be sure to wear beaded and floral pieces. Of course, you shouldn't look like a girl who is on her way to Coachella festival. You need to carefully choose your clothes, that's why you better avoid rips, crop tops, cut-outs and other provocative details. You can try faux fur coats, fringed suede jackets, suede bombers, parkas and army jackets. You can try on peaceful slogan tees and graphic shirts that will underline your spirit of a hippie girl. Speaking of bottoms, sometimes it's okay to wear boho maxi skirts, flared jeans, patchwork jeans, or corduroy pants. 

• Upvote 2

If you want to look like a hippie girl, I advice to try something relaxed and comfortable. Don't go for worn out jeans, it's not for school. You should be very at ease and confident. Try easy, breezy clothes that are appropriate for school hours.  The most easiest outfit that looks hippie like is the one that features a graphic tee and blue flared jeans. You can try nice tunics, loose fitting shirts, patterned vests, maxi skirts and slouchy sweaters. There are lots of different clothing designs and colors you can try this year. The main goal of your outfit is comfort and laid-back look. You can be creative by wearing earth tones, bold shirts and statement jewelry. Choose natural, light and flowy fabrics. Think of bright white peasant blouses with wide sleeves, patterned slacks, fringed suede shoulder bags, suede ankle boots, front buttone skirts, drop shoulder blouses, classic or flared jeans, long cardigans, fringed bucket bags, wide brim hats, rounded sunglasses, leather jackets, kimonos, handmade clothes and vibrant accessories. Below are shown interesting Polyvore sets you can try to school next week! Hope you will like it the same as me: 

dress up like hippie for school 1.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 2.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 3.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 4.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 5.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 6.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 7.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 8.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 9.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 10.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 11.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 12.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 13.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 14.jpg

dress up like hippie for school 15.jpg

• Upvote 3

If you want to dress like a hippie in school, then you should get inspired by school images from 1960's and 70's. You can go for shift and sheath dresses in solid neutral colours and complete them with bright tights or leggings, as well add chunky and eye-catching jewellery items. Your outfit has to express freedom, love and individuality. Go for simple tops and velvet bottoms, use bright accessories, laces are ideal to underline your uniqueness. How about wearing bell-sleeve blouses, solid colour slim-fit jumpsuits, floral frocks, peasant blouses, colorful pants, bucket hats, fringe vests and jackets, velvet flared trousers, denim overalls, ponchos and capes.

• Upvote 1