StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mia Norton

How to wear ankle boots to work?

Is it okay to wear ankle-boots to work? I want to create a classic look completed with this type of footwear, can someone please tell me if it's possible to wear ankle-boots professionally or not? If yes, may be you can share outfit ideas? Thanks!

I think there is no woman who doesn't wear ankle-boots. There are lots of great ankle-boot designs you can wear to the office. Many of us work in corporate environments, that's why looking professional is a very important thing. Everything is possible, my friend! Just make them look work appropriate. Of course, ankle boots tend to look more casual, but they are versatile enough to be worn to the office. You are free to use neutral color design or keep things vibrant with a pair of bright color ankle-boots. No matter if your ankle boots are dark or bright, you can easily style them with tailored pants, pencil skirts and dresses. Some booties can easily add a sharp contrast to a basic look, all you need is to experiment and have no fear in making your outfit more contrasting. You can try neutral color booties with opaque tights, all you need is to find tights in the same color as your shoes, creating a long, lean and monochromatic look. How about creating a business casual appearance? Just add a pair of Chelsea boots and work them with skinny trousers and lightweight blouse. You will look clean and slim. How about showing your legs in the office? Of course, it's up to you, but I love to see office ladies wearing ankle-boots with skirts and dresses, all you need is to add tights. 

If you want to wear ankle boots to work, then you should choose those designs that wont distract from the clean lines of your workwear. I think the best way to incoprorate ankle boots into your workwear is to pair them with trousers. Of course, you can try this footwear with skirts and dresses, but it can be quite tricky. That's why I decided to share with you my favorite polyvore sets where are shown all kinds of possible office looks completed with ankle boots. As you can see, all outfits are kept refined, chic and professional. If you really want to buy them, but don't know how to wear booties in real life, I recommend to take a moment and see best ways to make them look awesome with your work attire. The most important thing is to know how relaxed or conservative your work appearance can be. If your office dress code is strict and corporate, then I recommend to choose polished boots in classic look. For a casual environment, I advice to choose rugged and more casual boots. Booties easily replace pair of heels during cold months., all you need is to add opaque tights and finish the look with a nice fitted blazer. Anyway, below are showcased business outfit ideas you can try with ankle boots: 

how to wear ankle boots to work 1.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 2.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 3.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 4.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 5.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 6.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 7.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 8.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 9.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 10.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 11.jpg

how to wear ankle boots to work 12.jpg

• Upvote 1

What can be more functional and stylish than a pair of ankle-boots for work? Before buying new pair, I recommend to find ones that are coloured in neutral hue, come with no additional embellishments and can be paired with both skirts and pants. Plus, everyone looks for versatile footwear, so you better find the ones that can be worn at work, as well as to fancy parties. Go for skinny heel design, the overall look should resemble classic pumps, but with an ankle height. Go for pointed toe booties. Sure you can try on boots with chunky heels, but it's very individual. If you work in a strict environment, then you probably will need to skip this style of footwear and go for classic black pumps.