Mia Norton

How to wear a shirt dress with leggings?

I want to try shirt dress and leggings next week. Are there any rules or tricks I should know about before wearing this combination? Can someone please tell me how to wear a shirt dress with leggings, please.

• Upvote 5

Shirtdress and leggings combination is a great choice for ladies who want always look nice and well put together. There are no rules in this look. Maybe a couple: choose shirtdress that covers your butt, wear leggings that are opaque. My favorite look so far is the one that features a plaid shirtdress, pair of leggings, a belt and some lace-up boots. This pairing is incredibly versatile and easy to wear. You can create plenty of awesome looks. You can go for printed leggings and solid neutral color shirt-dress, or try on plaid shirt-dress and style it with neutral color leggings. Your shirtdress can be short, so you can easily create a truly sex-appeal look with a side slit that will highlight your curves. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I want to share with you my favorite ways how to wear shirtdress with leggings. For instance, you can try basic white elongated shirt and wear it as a dress with black leggings, white sneakers and black leather jacket, or try on abstract black-white marble inspired long semi-sheer shirt-dress with black leggings, white trainers and camel blazer. I highly recommend to try on plaid shirt-dress with black leggings, this is a great way to look like a grunge or punk girl. I see lots ladies who choose chambray shirtdresses wearing with black leggings and high boots. Sure, it's more casual appearance, but it's worth to try it!

Biker-Jacket-Shirtdress-Leggings-Low-Top-Sneakers-Sunglasses.jpg

Blazer-Shirtdress-Tank-Leggings-Low-Top-Sneakers-Sunglasses.jpg

Dark-Purple-Biker-Jacket-White-Shirtdress-Black-Leggings-Black-Heeled-Sandals.jpg

how to wear shirt dresses with leggings 1.jpg

how to wear shirt dresses with leggings 2.jpg

how to wear shirt dresses with leggings 3.jpg

how to wear shirt dresses with leggings 4.jpg

how to wear shirt dresses with leggings 5.jpg

how to wear shirt dresses with leggings 6.jpg

how to wear shirt dresses with leggings 7.jpg

how to wear shirt dresses with leggings 8.jpg

how to wear shirt dresses with leggings 9.jpg

shirt dress and leggings .jpg

shirt dress and leggings 2.jpg

shirt dress and leggings 3.jpg

shirt dress and leggings 4.jpg

shirt dress and leggings 5.jpg

• Upvote 7

I definitely advice you to try plaid shirt-dress with black leggings tucked in brown cowboy boots! The image above is a pretty awesome example! As you can see, skinny belt and slouchy boots is a perfect addition! I also love to see ladies who keep their looks simple. Just go for a white shirt-dress and complete it with black leggings tucked in black leather ankle-boots. Just keep in mind one thing: neutral color bottoms and bright top, or vice versa! ;)

• Upvote 3

I am interested in wearing black jeggings and a black and white checked shirt dress for your cooler summer nights.  What do you recommend wearing on your feet and keeping in mind that I am a 57 year young woman.

Edited by Diana Malinowski-Piasecki
additional comments
  • Upvote 2

Black Jeggings and black-white check shirt dress combination for cool summer nights can be finished up with simple white sandals (heeled sandals, simple Birks for a casual walk), just don't forget to add skin socks for an extra warmth (they can be placed in your handbag during the day).

• Upvote 2

Hey, Diana! If you are 57, then you can try something low-heeled, like mannish brogues or Oxfords in black or white color. This will make you look Tomboy chic without overdoing or looking misplaced. 

• Upvote 1