Sign in to follow this  
Mia Norton

Shoes to wear with tight black dress?

I want to look elegant and hot in my new tight black dress. But I don't know what shoes to wear! Can someone advice me what color and style I should wear? Thank you!

Black dress no matter if it's tight or bodycon can be worn with all kind of shoes. Everything depends on the event and weather. If it's a formal occasion during summer season, you can paly with colors and choose pumps or sandals no matter lace-up or strappy. If you want to look cool in a black dress during casual event, then you are free to add sneakers or whatever comfortable shoes you want. If it's Winter and you are getting ready for a dressy event, then you probably should add tights (opaque or skin color) and wear heeled pumps. For a casual vibe you can try on booties, or below the knee boots, colorful flats or cool tennis shoes. The office friendly look is the one where dress matches with hosiery and medium heel shoes. 

I guess you can wear all kinds of shoes with black dress. Oh, just don't go for high boots or thigh-highs. If you are getting ready for any fancy occasion, like formal party or fancy dinner, try on LBD with classic black pumps with closed toe or peep-toe. If you want to keep things casual, try tight dress with slip-ons, sneakers or ankle-boots. You can also think of leopard print ankle boots, strappy black sandals, pointed-toe heeled pumps, lace-up chunky heel ankle boots, cream white pumps, turquoise strappy heels, cuffed high heeled pumps, caged booties, wedges, or blush retro pumps. I recommend to choose neutral color shoes, so you can experiment with accessories or outerwear. Have a detailed look through these Polyvore sets, maybe you will find something interesting: 

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 1.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 2.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 3.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 4.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 5.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 6.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 7.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 8.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 9.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 10.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 11.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 12.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 13.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 14.jpg

what shoes to wear with black tight dress 15.jpg

Try on sexy leopard print ankle boots with chunky heels, go for caged stiletto heel sandals in black color, classic black or white pumps are also good choice, you can try strappy sandals, nude round toe pumps, turquoise caged wedges and even lace-up boots. make sure the overall outfit is comfortable and looks feminine!