Sign in to follow this  
Mia Norton

What nail color looks good with a black dress?

Tomorrow I am going to my boyfriend's party for his company and I want to wear a black dress. The problem is I don't know what nail color looks good with a black dress? Can someone please advice me what color to pick? I want to look elegant and feminine. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

• Upvote 1

Choose color that matches shoes and clothes color. I think you better avoid black nails, it's too much! I definitely advice to try French or red, they both look elegant and extremely feminine! Just try dark red, as bright red will standout too much. I am pretty sure, red will contrast with black dress. You can add sparkles and embellishments to brighten up the look. Go for sparkling stones. You can also try blush or any pastel color. As a finishing touch you can sprinkle glitter! I also hear that silver nails look damn hot with black dress. 

dark red nails.jpg

pastel nails.JPG

silver nails.jpg

french nails.JPG

• Upvote 1

I suggest deep red, purple, or bright red. I also think you should choose the same color nails as your shoes or bag. I saw women wearing black dresses with blush, jade green, fuchsia, peach. Honestly, you have endless choice in colors to pair your black dress with. Anyway, I think ladies who want to keep neutral should choose clean French manicure, but if you want to jazz up things, go for bright pink, coral, blue or red. 

• Upvote 1