StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Allison Smith

How to wear workout clothes to school?

I love sports and everything what is concerned with active lifestyle. That's why I was wondering how to wear workout clothes to school? Is it possible and if yes, how it can be done without looking like an idiot. Thanks! :)

Yes, workout clothes can be worn to school, but you don't have to look like you are on your way to the gym. Best way is to follow athleisure look and use one or two items that will take you from urban to sporty look. I mean, it's okay to change your jeans to ankle-length leggings, or ankle boots to runners. I personally wear workout clothes a lot, I feel comfortable in my sneakers and tight leggings, but I don't wear crop tops, as it looks too much sporty and not appropriate for school days. The time has changed. It's not about dress to impress, it's all about dress to feel comfy. I say to heel with anyone who doesn't like the way you look and dress. Wear what you want to wear, be who you are ! Of course, better not over dressed, it will make you look trashy. I've got inspiring images of ladies who ideally combine their work clothes with urban essentials, take a look! Hope these images will inspire you. 

how to wear workout clothes to school 1.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 2.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 3.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 4.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 5.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 6.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 7.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 8.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 9.jpg

I think best way is to coordinate colors of your sports items and smart-casual basics you wear to school, this way will make you look less school inappropriate. But, I think there is nothing wrong in wearing work-out clothes to school, I personally live in a college town and everyone is wearing workout clothes. I would say, it's an unofficial student uniform, LOL. Nothing wrong with it. I love wearing Nike running shoes with leggings, sweatpants and jeans, I don't feel wrong about it. If it makes you feel comfortable and confident, why should you ask someone? You can make your sports clothes look awesome with some cool accessories, like mirrored sunglasses, structured leather jacket, shirt around waist, etc. Have a look at polyvore sets and get inspired: 

how to wear workout clothes to school 1.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 2.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 3.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 4.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 5.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 6.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 7.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 8.jpg

how to wear workout clothes to school 9.jpg

Yes, you can wear workout clothes to school, but you need to know several tips and tricks. First of all, don't dress fully in athleisure. You can keep things sophisticated with all black look, for instance try on a field jacket with black leather ankle pants and stylish runners. Speaking of shoes, I do recommend to think of something more appropriate for school, like chunky boots, UGGS or classy trainers. Simple tees always look cool paired with sporty leggings. If it's a bit chilly, I advice you to throw a flannel shirt or a lovely wrap cardigan over it. Even a simple cap can make you look sporty.

It's now considered socially acceptable, even on trend, to rock your leggings and sneakers out and about. With this being such a huge trend, brands and retailers have caught on and have started making cool workout clothes that almost feel too stylish to sweat in.