Sign in to follow this  
Kylie

How do you organize your closet?

I have following tips for ladies who want to organize their wardrobe closets:

• if you haven't worn something from your clothes in a year or more, you better trash it away! 
  • have about 10-14 pairs of underwear, once one of them starts to get old and frayed, replace it with a new one. Don't buy too much lingerie. 
  • You should have an easy access to the staples you usually wear, so place them in a visible area.
  • you should separate clothes and accessories you love but are tired of. Store them in clear bins, keep them till you decide to have them back. 
  • clothes and accessories that need to be repaired should be stored separately.
  • You need to create categories to hang your clothes properly: blouses with blouses, pants with pants, dresses with dresses. You can also create subcategories, like mini length, long sleeves, dark colors, etc. 
  • Use dividers to keep small pieces.
  • Your shoes should be placed in clear boxes, so you don't have to open all of them.
  • keep your shoes in their shape by using cedar shoes trees.

First of all, you need to start organising! I use to keep sweaters with pullovers, hoodies and sweatshirts. If you have space to hang it, then better do it! It will be easier to choose what to wear and you wont need to iron it. You need to fold heavy sweaters, so they don't lose shape on hanger. you can keep tops in the same color palette. Organize jeans by cut, color and style. I prefer to organize them by color. Pants, skirts and shorts can be placed in a closet hanged by clips. Fold them in the sides. Your dresses can be hanged by color, sleeves or length. Your clothes should never be held in plastic bags, this will cause damage. Your accessories, like bags, scarves and hats should be visible, so you don't take out of your clothes to find your black bag. Shoes can be organized by color, or you can place them in clear plastic boxes. Lingerie has to be organized by style and color. Don't wear the same for a long time.

I use proper hangers for different clothing. If I have delicate items, I use satin padding and wooden hangers for tailored jackets. Your accessories should be stored in clear plastic drawers. Keep there rolled scarves, underwear, belts and hats. Have a slanted plywood platform to see your shoes. Use big canvas boxes to keep your folded winter sweaters. Use shelf dividers. It's very important to categorize your clothes. best way is to group clothes by categories, like jeans, shirts, work tops, etc. Use the advantage of your closet doors, by placing a rack over the door.

I keep T-shirts with tops, sweaters with all kind of knitwear, shoes are kept in boxes, skirts, tailored pants and dresses are always on hangers, denim, shorts and all casual stuff is placed on shelves.