StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Zoe Lewis

Can you wear black shoes with a navy dress?

There is one rule that says: you shouldn't wear bottoms and shoes in almost the same color (like black pants with deep brown shoes). I think navy and black colors are quite the same and can appear so close together, but still they are a bit different. The NAVY is almost black but not quite black shade. I personally wouldn't experiment or take risk. Sure, everything depends on the actual look, once you try them close together and see how they differ from each other, then you will understand if it's a good idea to pair them together or not. I think black dress with navy shoes might look weird, but navy frock might work with black shoes.

• Upvote 2

I knew someone will say about black and navy colors look. Some people will always say not to wear black shoes with navy dress, but guess what? I am not of those people! If you do have black shoes and they look nice with navy dress, then why not?! Believe me, it's not so much "what are the rules" but how you actually look in the mirror and how you feel yourself. I think midnight navy dress can be paired with black shoes. Below are my favorite outfit ideas you can get inspired: 

black-zara-shoes-navy-asos-dress-black-chanel-purse_400.jpg

cute-navy-prom-dress-with-stunning-long-sleeves-crochet-and-short-navy-dress-skirt-also-satin-navy-waist-band-and-luxury-silver-wallet.jpg

elegant-casual-navy-dress-without-sleeves-combined-with-glittering-navy-waist-band-and-navy-dress-skirt-also-black-stocking-and-plain-black-high-heel-shoes.jpg

what-color-shoes-with-navy-dress-black.jpg

• Upvote 2

Some ladies say not to wear black shoes with navy dress, but I see no point why you can't make such combo. There is no modern rule saying you are not allowed to wear navy with black. If you feel comfortable in navy dress styled with black shoes, then you better try it! I personally own a midnight blue dress that I always wear with black heels, result looks great.

• Upvote 2