StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Kaitlyn Cooper

What to wear with skinny jeans over 50?

The best way to make skinny jeans look great on women over 50 is to create a monochromatic look. Imagine: black tunic with black skinnies completed with ankle boots. The result looks extremely slimming and chic. If you are not into black color, how about adding charcoal blouse and black skinnies tucked in black boots. The matching color of shoes and jeans will make your legs look longer. I personally recommend to wear skinnies with heeled shoes, this gives me a slimmer look, but you can also try ballet flats. Just keep in mind one thing: it's not abour age limit, it's about your personal feeling and the fit. If skinnies fit well, why should you say good bye to them?

• Upvote 1

I think there is nothing wrong for older women to wear skinny jeans. They are OKAY no matter the age, as long as they fit you. It depends what you pair them with. Of course, you better forget about adding skyscraper high heels, crop tops and other youthful garments that will only make you look weird. Think of cute flats, sandals, flat boots and classy shirts tucked in. If you have an average body shape, skinnies can look good on you. I almost forgot to mention about low rise skinnies, I think super low-rise should be avoided.

• Upvote 1

I hate when people say that skinny jeans are meant only for young ladies. I simply don't listen to them. Trust me, there is no age limit for denim pieces. No matter if you are 30, 40, or 50 years old, you can wear skinnies and feel awesome! By the way, I see women over 60 who appear on the streets wearing skinny jeans with sneakers and bright pullovers, believe me, they look awesome! So, you can wear denim even over 50. I don't remember when skinnies become popular among elder people, but this season denim has finally grown up. It's now officially you can wear different cuts and fits you really like. Sure, the key is to stay in tune and make these bottoms look ladylike on you. That's why you will need a proper fit, height or waistband and silhouette. So, team skinny jeans with tunics, draped cardigans, sleeveless vests worn atop white shirts, with chambray shirts, slim fit blazers, keep it cool with denim and leather jackets, as well as with bright pink down vests.