StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jasmine Williams

Can I wear boots with a dress?

Yes, you can wear boots with a dress. But, dress should be appropriate for boots. I mean, forget about all those glamour dresses, flared evening styles with fluffy skirts, better choose casual dress. You better watch the hemline of your dress, let boots to stay below it. Show at least some skin between dress and boot. If it's cold, add tights. This addition is great for saving warmth and not showing your skin. As I have already told, you should match the style. Not all boots go well with dresses and not all dresses go well with all kinds of boots. Pencil dresses look better with ankle length boots but not with knee high. Cowboy boots look great with flowy and short dresses, as well as with boho style frocks. Keep in mind what is the occasion. Some events are okay for ankle boots and high heeled styles, but not appropriate for cowboy or OTK boots. Flat boots are ideal for casual occasions. Formal events are great for wearing heeled boots. 

• Upvote 1

I love to see ladies who wear flowy dresses with casual boots. but there are distinct rules, like the ones when you are not allowed to wear casual boots with formal dresses, or wearing midi pencil dress with thigh-high boots. Of course, thre are endless possibilities with boots and dresses for Summer and Fall season months. I personally love to see women wearing high boots with shirt dresses, as well as long dresses with ankle-boots. The most important part in wearing such combo is to keep things simple. I think all of you agree with me, BOOTS are eye-catching, especially cowboy styles, the ones with zippers, studs or chains, that's why better keeep your dress and jewelry and accessories simple. By the way, I've got inspirational street style images to share with you! Have a look: 

5.-Draped-Dress-With-Burgundy-Chelsea-Boots.jpg

5.-Knitted-Body-Con-Dress-With-Over-The-Knee-Boots.jpg

7.-Red-Maxi-Dress-With-Leather-Boots.jpg

9.-Knitted-Dress-With-Boots.jpg

Biker-Jacket-Shift-Dress-Boots.jpg

Biker-Jacket-Skater-Dress-Boots.jpg

Black-Dress-And-Knee-Length-Boots.jpg

Black-Dress-With-Boots.jpg

Casual-Dress-Boots-Crossbody-Bag.jpg

Coat-Bodycon-Dress-Boots-Satchel-Bag-Tights.jpg

Denim-Jacket-Sheath-Dress-Boots-Sunglasses-Watch.jpg

Fall-Fashion-Knit-Dress-Knee-Length-Boots.jpg

Maxi-Dress-And-Knee-High-Boots.jpg

Sexy-Thigh-High-Boots-And-Slit-Dress.jpg

Shift-Dress-Boots-Clutch.jpg

Street-Style-Boho-Maxi-Dress-And-Boots.jpg

Turtleneck-Sweater-Dress-And-Boots.jpg

White-Lace-Dress-And-Boots.jpg

Winter-Fashion-Black-Knit-Dress-Knee-Length-Boots.jpg

Winter-Fashion-Black-Knit-Dress-Knee-Length-Boots-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Boots look awesome with completely anything, starting from skirts, jeans, pants to dresses. Yes, you can wear boots with dress. It will make you look more daring and sexy. You are free to choose whatever dress you want, starting from relaxed and loose-fitted designs to form-fitting, bodycon, mini, long-sleeved and sleeveless. Sure, you better cover your dress with a cozy jacket to keep away cold weather.