StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jasmine Williams

What to wear to a casual work party?

Hi everyone, I've got a question about casual work party outfit ideas. We are having a work party next month and I was wondering what clothes I can wear? Please, tell me interesting outfit ideas I can create? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

If you are going to have a work party that is casual, I think you are free to choose whatever you want to wear, just stay away from sexy cut-outs and sheer clothes that can be quite aggressive and provocative. In other words, your outfit has to be event appropriate, fun and comfortable. Choose clothes that can take you through the entire party comfortably. Very important thing is the time of the upcoming party. If it's daytime party, keep your clothes smart-casual with no bright or flashy jewelry or accessories, keep it glamour, neutral and sophisticated, if it's during evening, then it's okay to be more dramatic and daring by adding sequins and bright touches. Jeans are okay for both day and evening time, just make sure they don't feature any rips and tears. Try on skinny, slim, regular or flared jeans with sequined or graphic tank top covered with a cropped or fitted blazer. You can also try on a classy dress. Choose the one in solid classic color that can be completed with a blazer, denim jacket, patterned scarf or cardigan.  

• Upvote 1

If you work in a company that keeps dress code low key, then you can be on your own by wearing things you usually wear to home parties and smart-casual events. A very important thing is to wear comfy clothes without looking over-dressed. You need to keep things casual but still looking sharp. You can try on all black looks, dresses, keep things a bit sporty with a sweatshirt/pullover paired with slim pants and heels. Sure, sweatshirt can look too casual, but underline elegance by adding slim tailored pants and ladylike pumps or heeled neutral color sandals.  Think of pretty skirtsuits, shift dresses, pencil skirts and dresses, relaxed t-shirts and wrap skirts. Below I gathered cool Polyvore ideas you can copy: 

what ot wear to a casual work party 1.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 2.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 3.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 4.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 5.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 6.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 7.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 8.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 9.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 10.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 11.jpg

what ot wear to a casual work party 12.jpg

• Upvote 1

It's very important to know what casual work party in a business environment really means. Like it or not, but you still need to look polished and elegant. Sure, you can wear jeans, but choose the ones with no rips or tears and better in dark wash. You can also choose pants and blazer or a pencil skirt worn with frilled blouse. Make sure yo dress up your most favourite outfits by adding dressy details. Sometimes I pair bright sweatshirt with slim pants and sexy heels.