StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Sophia Wilkins

Can you wear camis alone?

Hi everyone on StyleDiscussions! I wanted to ask you, if I can wear camis alone? My friend says it's inappropriate to wear camis, as it's considered to be underwear. The thing is, I don't see why I can't wear it as a tank top? I have awesome camis that I want to wear by itself. So please, can you tell me, if a camisole is considered to be an undergarment? Can I wear it without a topper? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I think yoy will get an unwanted attention once you try camisole alone. I personally, don't see anything wrong with it, but for most people this top is not considered as much as shirt. Sure, it's basically a tank top with just some lace on it, but ladies will think of you as some kind of slutty babe. Plus, most camis have spaghetti straps that are thin and can make everyone see your bra straps. So, if you are going to buy the one with thin straps, you better use it as a layering piece. 

• Upvote 1

I usually don't wear camis alone, I wear them under other garments. I like to show a bit of camis under jackets. But I think it's okay to show them. It's not inappropriate or slutty. Of course, if the cami is see-through, then you better hide it or layer under top. As long as it fits you properly, it looks fine! 

• Upvote 1

Everything depends on how showy your camisole is, is it see-through or super low cut. I wear camis atop my bikini tops when I am on my way to the beach. If cami sits well and it's not see-through, I don't see any problem why it can be worn alone. I personally think women should wear bras underneath camis, for additional support. If you have good supportive bra and it's not revealing,  then let cami be your best friend. Of course, if you don't have breast, then it's okay to skip bras. 

• Upvote 1

Depends on what kind of cami you wear, as there are lots of designs with ideal covering. Another thing is your age. Younger ladies in good shape look awesome wearing these pretty tops, but older women should wear camis under shirts and blouses. Sometimes I wear camis under blazers to look professional. Just make sure you wear camisole with no special details, like embroideries or laces, or its made of sheer fabric.

• Upvote 1