StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
annawinter

What shoes to wear with wide-leg trousers?

Hi everyone! I am desperate, as I can't find any information on what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers. These pants are back in trend, but how to wear them? I really don't know. Can anyone advice me what shoes I should wear with wide leg trousers? Thanks

Casual or everyday wide leg pants look awesome with delicate flats, thong sandals, wedge and platform sandals. I prefer to wear these pants with platform sandals and pointed-toe pumps, as well as pumps with thinner heels. If we talk about tailored pants that can be worn to the office, then you are free to wear them with almost any heels, as well as with pointed toe pumps. Wide-leg office pants can be worn with flats like women's Oxfords, pointed-toe brogues, as well as with simple loafers and slippers. Of course, if we talk about workplace, you better skip the combination of wide-leg pants and sneakers, sandals, flip-flops, stiletto heel sandals and thongs or shoes with super high platform. I almost forgot to mention wide leg jeans. These casual bottoms can go with about any type of sneakers. I love to see women wearing wide jeans styled with simple canvas or leather low-tops or high platform kicks. If we talk about Summer season, then wide-leg jeans can be ideally matched with thong sandals or flip-flops. Jeans can look relaxed, sloppy and laid-back, as they are meant for casual days. If you want to look retro inspired while wearing wide-leg jeans, I recommend to pair them with chunky heel slides or wedge sandals. This can make you look 1970's inspired. 

The wide-leg trousers should be balanced with your silhouette, that's very important. Neutral wide leg pants look awesome with classic loafers made of leather in dark colors, like brown, gray, navy. You can add textured or printed flats to add more interest to your overall look. I gathered my favourite Polyvore sets with wide-leg trousers. You will find absolutely stunning mannish looking outfits featuring oversized gray coats with matching gray wide-leg trousers and black heeled sandals, as well as brocade cherry trousers styled with white blouses and patent burgundy chunky heeled sandals, as well as many other office-friendly and casual looks. 

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 1.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 2.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 3.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 4.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 5.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 6.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 7.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 8.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 9.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 10.jpg

what shoes to wear with wide leg trousers 11.jpg

Wide leg pants look awesome with pointed-toe shoes, no metter if they are pumps or boots. I personally, love wearing stiletto ankle-boots, as well as chunky heel short boots. I see lots women who choose strappy heeled sandals to wear with wide leg pants, but you can try platforms and flat shoes (better have them with pointy toes). 

If you are sick of skinny jeans and you want to try something sophisticated, I recommend to try on wide-leg pants. These bottoms are gonna make you look 1970's inspired, glamour and ladylike. All you need is to make them look awesome with footwear. Try them on with wedges or stilettos. If you are a petite lady, you can try wide-leg pants with high heels. If you are tall woman, you can add ballet flats or low heel shoes. Just keep in mind one simple thing: the hem of trousers has to touch the floor so you look long and lean.