StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

What color shoes should you wear with a gold dress?

Hi ladies! I was wondering what color shoes should I wear with a gold dress? I am having a fancy party coming up and I think black heels is quite boring to wear with gold dress. I want something nice and trendy and please don't advice me to go gold from head to toe, I hate matchy-matchy looks!

• Upvote 1

Okay, so you don't want to wear black and gold shoes. I think nude color pumps is a good failsafe choice that will make your legs look longer and let everyone focus on your dress, not shoes. But there are lots of other colors you can pair with your frock. Think of navy shoes, cream, maroon and even purple. If you want to try something bright and cool, then you should give a try to more fun shoes in jewel tones, like emerald green or ruby red. If you don't want to wear gold, how about bronze or brown strappy heels? You asked only about the color, but footwear design plays important role as well. Choose strappy shoes, or pointed-toe pumps! I almost forgot to mention prints. Your gold dress can be completed with animal or floral print shoes. 

• Upvote 1

Navy peep toe shoes with stiletto heels are perfect for those ladies who want to make an elegant appearance. It's a pity you don't want to try gold shoes. The result can be incredibly chic and sophisticated. I recommend to take a look at these Polyvore sets. I really hope these outfit ideas can change your mind!

what color shoes to wear with gold dress 1.jpg

what color shoes to wear with gold dress 2.jpg

what color shoes to wear with gold dress 3.jpg

what color shoes to wear with gold dress 4.jpg

what color shoes to wear with gold dress 5.jpg

what color shoes to wear with gold dress 6.jpg

• Upvote 1

You can match gold dress with gold shoes. Of course, if the gold color is dark you can match with black strappy shoes. If brighter matte strappy gold shoes. You can also choose blue, green, white. My favorite match is gold dress and silver shoes. I know ladies who choose colors like brown, tan and cream. Another cool hues you can try on with gold dress are royal blue, emerald and ruby red. 

• Upvote 1

Gold dress can be styled with neutral champagne or gold shoes. You can also add some color in that will match other accessories. I would definitely go for gold shoes to match my gold dress. Of course, there are good styles colored in black, red and white, but you better keep things look classy without standing out from the crowd.

• Upvote 1