StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

What to wear with open front cardigan?

Hi @Elizabeth Thompson! I want to share with you my favorite Polyvore sets with different cardigans. For instance, you can pair a pretty denim pencil dress with Aztec print shawl open front cardigan and sexy suede brown-burgundy fringed boots, or keep things sweet and casual by teaming pastel-sherbet knitted loose-fir cardigan with white T-shirt and pleated white mini skirt- that's a cute spring layer by the way. If you want to create a stylish smart-casual outfit, you should try on slim jeans with crispy white shirt and open front cardigan. This combo can be updated with pastel mint bucket bag and fun looking loafers. If the weather is cold, you better try on a cozy beige wool sweater-dress and layer it with gray-white hooded open cardigan. I personally like to wear maxi gowns with fringed cardigans, the result looks fun and creative. If you want to keep things hipster inspired, I recommend to try on a striped black-white T-dress and pair it with cream-brown cable knit cardigan. Shift dresses are perfect dresses for wearing under open front cardigans. You can use loose knit cardigans during roadtrips and vacation getaways, by throwing it over tank top and shorts combos or bathing suit. 

what to wear with open front cardigan 1.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 2.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 3.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 4.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 5.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 6.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 7.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 8.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 9.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 10.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 11.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 12.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 13.jpg

what to wear with open front cardigan 14.jpg

• Upvote 1

There are thousands ways you can wear open front cardigan. The easiest way would be layer it over dresses and tops. I love the way it is worn with skinny jeans, capri leggings, dresses (all styles) , as well as with skirts and shorts. For a casual weekend look you can pair oversized cardigan with jeans and tee. If you are more into classic corporate look, try on belted cardigan that can be worn over pencil skirt. I love to see women who wear long cardigans under cropped leather jackets. If you want to add a bit of drama, I recommend to try on floor length cardigan and balance its length with a short skirt or mini shorts.

• Upvote 1

Try it on with basics, like top and skirt, top and jeans, over dress or atop top tucked in shorts. I know many ladies who use to wear open front cardigans to work. They simple layer it over blouses that are tucked in pencil skirts or wide trousers. 

You can find lots of beautiful open front cardigans that will make you look and feel very special. Today's fashion offers casual and semi-formal designs you can wear with various clothes. For instance, you can try on a solid neutral dark colour cardigan in tailored fit made of wool and style it with a cute white blouse or shirt tucked on mustard or pale yellow pencil cut skirt. There are pretty shawl neck open front cardigans that can be worn with black shirts or tees tucked in slim or skinny dark blue jeans. I personally like draped open front cardigans that can be styled with simple striped shirts or tops teamed with leggings and high boots.