StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cameron Ford

How to wear jeans to work and look professional?

I wanted to know how to wear jeans to work and still look professional? I worm in a medium size company and we don't have a special uniform, the dress code is not strict. The bosses only want us to look representative, so we are free to wear what feels and looks nice. The thing is, no one wears jeans, only men. So, I wanted to ask, if I can wear jeans to work and still look professional. Please, can you tell me, if it's possible, or not? If yes, how should I dress up my jeans to look ready for work.

• Upvote 1

I am very glad you have such a nice dress code at work. I personally work in a company where we all have work uniforms, we have a very strict dress code. Sure, you can wear jeans if your bosses are okay with it. There are plenty ways how to dress your jeans up for work. Choose skinny, slim-fit or straight leg jeans in a dark hue. I would recommend to pair them with a navy or black blazer and white shirt underneath. You can finish off with a classic pair of black mid heeled pumps, classic watches and structured handbag. You can also try on cropped flares by teaming them with sleek and high-heeled ankle boots, but I try to avoid such looks. Another thing is the footwear. It can either break or make your office outfit. I recommend to choose traditional and classic pumps in neutral solid colours, but you can play with lace-up heels, ankle-boots and even with sandals. The colour of jeans should be dark, this will add a sophisticated touch to your office look.

• Upvote 1

First of all, you need to choose the right pair of jeans. They should fit you nice. Avoid baggy, low-rise and ripped styles. Your typical casual jeans might look a bit worn out, this is not acceptable for office environment. Of course, I would suggest you to try on denim trousers that look and feel like tailored cotton pants. The flat front will keep your middle clean and the slight wide look will for sure balance the whole look. The preferable colors are the dark ones, but you can always try on light hues. Keep away from washed and tie-dyed jeans, this is a NO NO for those who want to create an office look with denim. What I do love is the combination of slim jeans in dark color with Chanel-style tweed jacket. This look has a retro touch that makes its wearer feel stunning. I love it for classic and clean appearance. This tweed jacket will work with anything, from jeans to dresses and skirts. All you need is to add a pretty chiffon blouse underneath. 

• Upvote 1

If you are allowed to wear jeans at work all the time from Monday to Friday, then I am jealous! I really love jeans look! Of course, you should keep jeans dressed up and prevent casual outfits that make you look like you were jsut passing by. My personal suggestion: match your jeans with professional pieces, this will make you look classier and ready to work. Another thing is the jeans with distressed look and cuffed boyfriends- these types of denim bottoms are only for casual days, stay away from wearing it to the office. If you want to keep things simple, you can add a solid neutral color jersey top in clean lines and cover it with a blazer. Jeans in light wash often look too casual. Wide-leg jeans might be the easiest ones to wear at work, but I advice you to play with skinnies. Silk blouses are ideal tops for pairing with jeans. If you are not into blouses, how about classic button-down shirts? Anyway, I gathered several outfit ideas for office hours. Each look is completed with jeans. Hope you like the following ideas:

jeans at work.jpg

jeans at work 2.jpg

jeans at work 3.jpg

jeans at work 4.jpg

jeans at work 5.jpg

jeans at work 6.jpg

• Upvote 1

First you have to choose jeans. I prefer skinnies or slim ones, but you can go for regular ones or flares. Pair them with neutral classic hue blouses, peplum tops or button downs. Layer with cardigans or blazers

• Upvote 1

If you are allowed to wear jeans, I recommend to start frrom classic looks. Try on a navy blue blazer and pair it with dark denim pants. If you are more into bright colors, I recommend to try on bright yellow blazer and pair it with lgiht washed blue slim jeans. You should add clasic and basic accessories in solid neutral colors. If you want to look dressy, then you better go monochrome. How about all black or all white looks? Just keep things fun and ladylike, by choosing mixed textures and materials. Sequins ain't killed nobody. You can add a bit of shimmer to your office look by wearing silver sequined blazer with jeans or shimmery top. I know women who choose printed sweaters to dress up their jeans to work. The best choice so far is the blouse or button-down shirt tucked in denim. 

Jeans for work office are essential in modern life. There are no special rules of wearing them to work, but you should know several tips that will help your jeans look professional enough during your office hours. No matter if your boss allows you to wear jeans all days a week or just on Fridays, you can wear denim in a chic, elegant and professional way. For instance, try on dark blue jeans with little flares and pair them with a cute silken black blouse tucked in and complete the look by adding slim-fit blazer. Some say it's not allowed to wear ripped jeans at work, but I think if your jeans feature just a bit of rips, then you can make them look work appropriate, all you need is to style them with classic garments and accessories. If you will wear black slim jeans, then you can style them as basic black tailored pants, by adding a mannish suit jacket and white collared shirt.