StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cameron Ford

How to wear a denim dress in summer?

I am going to buy several denim dresses for next summer season and I wanted to know how to wear a denim dress during Summer season? Maybe you know tips or ideas how I can make this denim piece look good on me? Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Denim dress can be worn in various ways during Summer season. You can make it look like a man's shirt. The menswear look is a best way to underline your individuality and sexy appeal. You just need to keep your dress relaxed without adding any belt, wear it as a man's shirt. But you can still make it look more feminine by adding sexy heels, bright bag and eye-catching jewelry, like fabulous necklace or earrings. I personally wear denim dress in a mannish way and I use to complete this look by adding a beautiful wide-brim sun hat. If this is not a kind of look you want to create, I suggest you adding a belt. This cool accessory will underlie your ladylike silhouette. You can also add cowboy boots that will make your outfit looking more off-duty. If you are more into sport style appearance, I recommend to finish your denim dress with cute sneakers and baseball cap. 

• Upvote 1

I wanted to mention a cool way how ethnic fashion can update your denim dress. All you need is to add accessories (scarves, tiaras or hats) and jewelry (large earrings, set of rings, arm parties) with ethnic prints, or cover your dress with an Aztec print cardigan or kimono, if it's cold outside. The following accessories and layers can be colored in bright and unexpected colors, as denim by itself is a neutral color, that's why you can combine it with various hues and prints. Your denim dress can be accessorized with animal print, fluorescent and neon color accessories. Of course, many things depend on the style of your dress. If it's more fitted and comes with no rips or distressed details, you better keep it more formal and classy. All other versions, like off-shoulder ruffled designs, the ones in patchwork, ripped and oversized denim frocks should be worn in a more casual way. I've got polyvore sets featuring my favourite denim dress looks, hope you will find what you are looking for: 

how to wear a denim dress in summer 1.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 2.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 3.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 4.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 5.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 6.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 7.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 8.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 9.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 10.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 11.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 12.jpg

how to wear a denim dress in summer 13.jpg

• Upvote 1

Try on denim dress with flat sandals, lightweight sneakers, loafers, flip flops or thong sandals. If weather is chilly i recommend to use layers like cardigans, blazers or leather jackets.

• Upvote 1

denim dress during summer looks good with flip flops, wedges, gladiator sandals and cut-out booties. My personal suggestion is to keep things simple and wear it without anything layered or added. Keep only denim dress and your fab shoes.

I ma in love with Summer denim dresses! It's a perfect choice for throwing on during days when temperature turns up. It's extremely comfortable and cute piece of clothing. You can either go for a denim overall dress, by styling it with cool white sneakers, or go for a denim mini halter neck dress with scallop edge that will ideally suit women who want to wear something from day to night. If you want to look classic, then I advice you to try on a cute denim shirtdress with short sleeves and knee-length hem, it is an ideal choice for both work and after office gatherings. All you need is to style it with neutral color cute pumps or flats. There are also cool chambray shirt-dresses completed with cute belts, they look a bit vintage, but still great for summer weekends. A simple shift dress can also be made of denim, you can style it with simple canvas slip-ons and throw on a lightweight cardigan or kimono to finish this look.