StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cameron Ford

What to wear over a strapless jumpsuit?

Hi everyone! I want to know how to wear a black strapless jumpsuit? I want to wear it to my best friend's party that takes place in a restaurant and then we go clubbing. I wanted to know what should I wear over a strapless jumpsuit?

• Upvote 1

You didn't say what is the style of your jumpsuit, is it wide-legged, slim, cropped, bright, neutral colored, printed, does it have any cut-outs? Anyway, you can add underneath sleeve shrug that will make an illusion of a sleeved jumpsuit. It's a pity, but you can't find a styling guide on how to wear strapless jumpsuits. Most ladies wear blazers and all kind of jackets over strapless jumpsuits. I've noticed many women wearing suit jackets draped over shoulders this style trick makes them look sophisticated and cool. By the way, the most important thing you should take into account is the fit of your jumpsuit. I highly recommend to spend extra cash to get jumpsuit tailored to your body. Why? If the fit is too baggy or tight, it can ruin the whole look. 

• Upvote 1

This classy go-to option is a versatile one-piece garment that can be worn for various occasions. Plus you can style it in different ways. The strapless version can be dressed up or down, depends on what jacket you will wear over it. I gathered various polyvore sets. As you can see, strapless jumpsuit can be made in different lengths, cuts and legs width. There are thousands ways you can style it. Keep it edgy and casual for street walks on the town and cinema evenings, or dress it up with your favourite suit jackets and bright jewelry for a very special evening at restaurant with your boyfriend. 

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 1.jpg

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 2.jpg

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 3.jpg

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 4.jpg

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 5.jpg

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 6.jpg

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 7.jpg

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 8.jpg

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 9.jpg

what to wear over strapless jumpsuit 10.jpg

• Upvote 1

Strapless jumpsuit can either dressed up or dressed down. You can make it look sophisticated with cool blazer, cropped cardigan, leather jacket or cape. 

• Upvote 1

Everything depends on what style is your jumpsuit, as it can be formal or casual. For instance, tuxedo inspired black design looks great on its own, or completed with an evening clutch bag, as well as you can drape over shoulders a classy blazer or cape in black or white color. Shrugs also look great with formal jumpsuits. I love to see women wearing strapless styles with casual sandals and doctor bags. You can try on printed version and use it as a casual one-piece in your everyday life, all you need is to cover it with a knitted cardigan, edgy leather jacket or kimono. The last but not least is adding jewellery. You will need a short necklace or choker that will make yor overall look fresh and voguish.