StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

Do Parisians wear jeans?

I am going to Paris next month for one week. I wanted to know if Parisian ladies wear jeans? I want to look smart-casual, but I can't see myself without jeans. Please, let me know if French ladies wear jeans. If yes, what type of jeans are their favorite ones?

• Upvote 1

Absolutely, it's okay to wear jeans in Paris. All French women wear jeans. In my experience, French ladies tend to wear everything that feels comfortable, they pay attention to their feeling, not the visual look. I am not sayng they dress trashy, every woman in Paris has her own style that is very personal and unqiue. They wear all kinds of things. Wear what you feel comfortable in. Sure, there are some tricks that are NO NO to French people: Stiletto heels with jeans and sneakers. Oh, and don't wear jeans to a restaurant or Opera this is going to be a bad taste in any country. Speaking of sneakers, once you try one jeans with sneaks, everyone will understand you are a tourist. Parisians ry to stay away from such look. Have a nice trip! ;)

• Upvote 1

Wear whatever you like! Parisian ladies wear all kind of jeans, including boyfriends, slim fits, skinnies, regular, bootcut and flares. Paris is a very big city, and it's multicultural, that's why it's okay to see "native" Parisians wearing jeans with runners. Do wear whatever you like and keep your look confident. What local Parisians don't understand and find it strange, then it's a heavy make-up and lots of jewelry. 

• Upvote 1

I think it's a big myth about Parisians who do not wear jeans in their everyday life. I think there is no country where ladies don't wear jeans. It's a casual city must-have garment that is worn by everyone. Trust me, you better see how Parisians pair things together, as they can go for trash pieces and make them look awesome and I mean it! They have a talent for making things look well put-together, layer outfits in cool ways and professionally mix accessories and patterns.

• Upvote 2