StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

What shoes do hipsters wear?

Hipsters wear comfortable footwear: cowboy boots, vintage shoes, all kind of flats, combat boots and unusual footwear. Hipsters try to be different, that's why you will never see a true hipster who is wearing the same shoes as the other hipster. There is no such thing as a cliche. Converse are no longer hipster shoes, as they can be seen on everyone. Hipsters do wear sneakers, but you should choose vintage ones, unusual runners that can't be seen on everyone. I like to see hipsters wearing classic Reebok. By the way, if you are more into heels, then heels height should be at least 5 inches! Ankle boots are still popular among hipster girls. Other shoes you can try: Keds, all kind of sandals, tennis shoes, boots, granny footwear, etc.

• Upvote 2

I think every hipster girl has her own style. That's why it's quite hard to identify most popular shoes worn by this subculture. Once you can surely say what shoes are popular among hipsters, then it's no wonder this footwear will be out of style in hipsters fashion. For instance, I remember Converse shoes were popular in hipsters wardrobe, until that day when everyone started to copy this look. If you want to look like a hipster and wear hipster shoes, I recommend to study street style images and choose yourself comfortable footwear. 

• Upvote 3

Yes, you are right @Cameron Ford! Every hipster lady has her own style. I think no one can say what shoes should hipsters wear. It depends. I see lots girls wearing trainers, ankle-boots, platform flats, cool sandals and Converse. Here are some of my favorite Polyvore sets where are shown cool footwear styles. 

what shoes do hipsters wear 1.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 2.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 3.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 4.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 5.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 6.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 7.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 8.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 9.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 10.jpg

what shoes do hipsters wear 11.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hipsters usually wear Converse and Toms shoes, all kinds of chucks. If you are not into athletics, go for all sort of wedges, loafers, Oxfords, sandals. Keep an eye on cool leopard print ankle boots that can be styled with classy slim jeans, or edgy cut-out ankle boots in black leather you can style with plaid skirts, I personally like suede lace-up ankle boots that look cool with skinny jeans or long midi floral dresses. You definitely should try lace-up heels in suede and chunky heels, they look so hipster friendly! Suede loafers with plaid socks is another must-try combo! ;)

• Upvote 1