StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

How to dress like an Italian woman in the fall?

I am interested in Italian fashion, as I find it elegant and uber feminine! That's why I really want to know how to dress like an Italian woman in the Fall season. Anyone, if you know interesting ideas or tips, please share them with me. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

It's no surprise you are interested in Italian fashion. Italians have style and they look fabulous in their clothes. It's no doubt, Italians have style. Just to remind: Italy consists of different regions where weather climate varies. It can be mild in Naples and south, but once you go North, it starts to become colder. That's why Milan is the city, where Fall months can be quite cold. The fall season comes with lots of layers. They love layering and they do it professionally. One thing I can't understand is that people in Italy start to wear heavy clothing already in October, no matter if it's still warm or not.

• Upvote 1

There is only one important rule for Italians during Fall season: dress like an onion. Layers, layers everywhere! It's a good choice, as weather in Fall can be strange, as it can be rain, sun or cold. So, better way is to make a layered look and if it's warm, you can simple unbutton your shirt or jacket. I see lots women who appear on the streets wearing camisoles and short sleeve shirts under long sleeve shirts and sweaters. Italian women love to wear jackets and sometimes they don't pay attention what is under your outerwear, as the wearer's jacket is the main attention. Most of Italians complete their looks with scarves. This additional accessory will make you look classy and elegant, no matter if you wear formal or casual outfit.

Edited by Patricia Moore
  • Upvote 1

Italian women during fall seasons love to wear classic neutral colors, like brown, camel, gray, black, beige, etc. This is a perfect background for adding pop of colors. Lots of women wear jeans in slim fit that are completed with chic boots or ankle boots. Italians love to wear sunglasses, it seems like they wear them during all seasons. Sunnies is a great way to pull any outfit together. Oh and I almost forgot to mention outerwear. No matter if it's trench, blazer or classic overcoat, they love to wear heavy layers.

• Upvote 1

No matter what is the season in Italy right now, but sunglasses are travel essentials and they are musts for every season. During Fall season months the temperature fluctuate from 59 F to 75F and it can be quite rainy and foggy. Pack umbrella, trench coat, dark denim, classic tees, ladylike blouses, sweaters, light brogues, chic leather boots, silk scarf, voguish handbags, etc. The main colors that are worn by Italians are black, grey, purple and brown or lighter shades. You can try on slim fit coat and style it with a layered outfit completed with a cute fedora and booties. You can keep things a bit edgier with a black leather jacket, chambray shirt tucked in cream white lace mini skirt completed with black opaque tights tucked in ankle boots. By the way, layers are essential for cold weather days in Italy.