StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Patricia Moore

What jewelry to wear with a royal blue dress?

I am going to one posh party next week. It is going to be one fashion show, I need to look at my best. That's why I want to wear a royal blue dress in midi length. Can you advice what jewelry should I wear with it? I want something elegant, beautiful, but I don't want to shine like a super star. Please, can you give me advice what jewelry to wear with a royal blue dress? Thanks

• Upvote 1

Royal blue dress can be quite tricky to style. You should choose jewelry very carefully. Bright colors can be used for adding an accent, like gemstones. I love to see ladies who complete their blue dresses with black jewelry items, like necklace or necklaces. Believe me, this can look elegant on you. As I have already mentioned, picking a jewelry is quite a tricky thing, as the dress by itself is a statement piece. Choose necklace, bracelets, rings and earrings wisely and never overdo your outfit, otherwise you gonna look like a Christmas tree. You can match jewelry with your shoes or clutch. My personal recommendation: wear only one item at a time. Best metal colors that can be worn on a royal blue dress are gold and silver, as well as jewel tones and bright neon, like red, fuchsia, green or purple. Keep in mind: warm skin tone goes best with gold and dark skin ideally looks with silver. You can choose either simple jewelry or opt for an eye-catching design.

• Upvote 1

The traditional color that looks great with royal blue is gold. No matter if you choose brooch, earrings, rings, bracelets, headpiece, belt, necklace or anything else, a perfect look is guaranteed. Yes, silver is also great for wearing with blue, but it only gives you an accent of a shine, but not that special and rich look. I love to see ladies in turquoise jewelry. This color is ideal for daytime events, when you just need to underline your femininity. Think of turquoise necklaces, cuffs and earrings. If you want to create a modern look that is both funky and chic, then you better give a try to yellow or mint color jewelry. These hues will make you look fresh and cool. Pink color necklace is a nice way to underline your girlishness. If you want to look classy and feminine, I recommend to choose ivory pearl jewelry, it looks retro inspired and timelessly chic.

• Upvote 1

Choosing jewellery for a royal blue dress can be hard, but it's possible to find something fresh, elegant and ladylike. I think best colors are silver, white gold or classic gold. You can also try pearls, but ornamented silver jewellery with colourful gemstones is a must-try. By the way, you can also try black color necklace or earrings that will make you look fresh and sophisticated. Anyway, you can opt for a simple jewellery or create a contrasting bright effect. I recommend to keep things simple by choosing gold or silver jewelry, like cocktail rings, bracelet, necklace or earrings. If you want to go bold, then you better choose only those colors that will easily compliment your frock.