StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

What color sandals to wear with navy dress?

I am going to one awesome party next Friday and I want to wear a navy dress. I think it will ideally fit the upcoming event, its not sexy, but looks modern and fresh. The problem is, I don't know what color sandals to wear with my navy dress.  Can someone tell me what colors will suit me? Thanks

Everything depends on occasion. If you are going to a fancy party, then I guess the best way is to choose embellished, sequined or bright color pumps. Think of golden metallic pumps, or the ones colored in emerald or silver hue. You can also choose black, nude and navy. Here are some of my favorite polyvore sets for you to get inspired by:

what color shoes to wear with navy dress 1.jpg

what color shoes to wear with navy dress 2.jpg

what color shoes to wear with navy dress 3.jpg

what color shoes to wear with navy dress 4.jpg

what color shoes to wear with navy dress 5.jpg

You can pair navy dress with nude, beige, metallic sandals. If you are afraid or its a first time when you wear navy dress, all you need is to pick a neutral hue that will match your skin tone. If you choose metallic sandals, then I recommend to style them with the same color jewelry. You can also keep the whole look monochrome by choosing navy pumps. I see lots of cool ideas when ladies pair navy dresses with black and brown shoes. If you want to make everyone stare at your shoes, buy bright color ones, like hot pink, tangerine, red, yellow. 

I recommend to try shades of green, yellow, orange, pink, or keep it cool and classic with neutral hues. No one mentioned white color! I think navy and white is a great pairing, it automatically screams Santorini! :D Take a look at my favorite street style images of ladies who appear in the city wearing navy dresses with all kind of chic footwear. 

5.-Navy-Dress-With-Lace-Up-Sandals.jpg

5.-Navy-Dress-With-Statement-Necklace-And-Strappy-Sandals.jpg

8.-Navy-Dress-With-Blue-Bag-And-Shoes.jpg

Navy-Dress-And-Tote.jpg

Navy-Tank-Dress-Red-And-Navy-Dress-Shirt-Black-Ankle-Boots-Burgundy-Crossbody-Bag.jpg

If you wear a navy formal dress, I recommend to try on glittering footwear, like gold sandals. Believe me, gold will ideally match navy frock. A navy sundress can be worn with orange wedge sandals. Go for two or three strap sandals, if you are not into orange, try on yellow color sandals. A business inspired sheath dress can be updated with patent nude sandals. If it's cold outside, try on navy weekend shirtdress with edgy brown leather or Western inspired light brown leather ankle boots.