StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

What are best sandals for work?

I work in a big company that doesn't have a strict dress code. That's why I think to wear sandals at work, as they are comfortable and my feet can breath normally without taking my shoes off. Maybe you can advice me what are best sandals for work? Are there any styles I should avoid and never wear them to the office?

• Upvote 1

Hi @Elizabeth Thompson! Usually professional women prefer classic closed toe pumps with mid heels. But you can still wear sandals to the office, of course if your dress code allows such footwear. I know a girl who works in a big company where she wears only pantsuits with classic pumps! She hates her job, but they pay a good salary! She has chosen money. I personally work as a web designer and I am free to wear whatever I want, as the company I work for has a free dress code. I can wear whatever clothes and shoes I want. Well, I am a bad example, LOL. Anyway, most of companies allow their workers to wear sandals, as long as their feet is covered. Better keep your feet fingers unseen.

I do not recommend to wear flip flops, thongs, and bright or embellished pair of sandals that we all use to wear at the beach. If you want to wear sandals, then they should look professional, neutral colored without any loud patterns or embellishments. The best way to understand if sandals are work appropriate or not is to look at them and ask yourself: do they look professional? Luckily, many brands offer us conservative styles that are made of structured leather, suede or calf hair. Make sure, sandals are not too bare and keep the rest of your outfit professional. 

sandals for work 1.jpg

sandals for work 2.jpg

sandals for work 3.jpg

sandals for work 4.jpg

sandals for work 5.jpg

Choose peep toe pumps, they are most appropriate for office settings. I personally like slingback pumps, they are great for conservative work evenironment, this is a perfect compromise between pumps and sandals. If your dress code is relaxed, then you can either choose wedge, heeled sandals, espadrilles or flat sandals. 

Yes, there are nice sandals you can wear at work. All you need is to find a perfect office appropriate design. You can go for mules, brown mid block heel version, leather sandals in black color, cross strap heels, as well as no heel flat sandals with simple silhouettes. I personally love block heel ankle strap sandals in neutral hues with a bit of edge touch. You can also try on vibrant sandals with single strap and sharp peep-toe heels, or try on wedge sandals that are great from 9 to 5 and from 5 to 9! ;)