Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

Wearing flip flops in winter, is it possible?

Hi! I am a big fan of flip-flops. This type of shoes is my favorite, as I can just throw them on and go anywhere I want, from school, to grocery store and mall. The thing is, now it's cold outside. Yesterday at school, I got out of my car and I saw a girl wearing flip-flops going into the school. Believe it? She's wearing flip-flops during Winter time! I asked her why she's wearing flip flops and she was like: I don't like boots! Is it okay? WTF? Wearing flip flops in winter? C'mon! Do you agree with this girl? What's your opinion?

hmm...if the weather was real cold, then I don't have much to say: it's weird, strange and stupid to see girls wearing flip flops in winter. Of course, winter time can be different in various countries. I live in the south and it's quite warm all year round. The look of a girl who wears flip flops in cold winter months is ridiculous. Flip flops and winter do not match together, sorry!

I agree with you. Flip-flops are only for summer, but I know some countries with hot climate where it's okay to wear flip flops in winter. I usually wear sneakers and ankle boots when it's cold outside. There are lots of strange people around. I see some wearing shorts in winter and skirts without wearing tights or leggings. Rather be warm, than catching a cold.

Everything depends on the climate you are in. As I live in Australia, I wear flip flops all year long. We don't worry about cold  weather. The coldest time we have in winter is about 14 or 15 degrees celcius. I love wearing relaxed clothes, that's why I have my flip-flops everywhere around. I want you to have a look at my favorite outfit ideas and see how to wear flip flops in Winter.

wearing flip flops in winter 1.jpg

wearing flip flops in winter 2.jpg

wearing flip flops in winter 3.jpg

wearing flip flops in winter 4.jpg

wearing flip flops in winter 5.jpg

wearing flip flops in winter 6.jpg

wearing flip flops in winter 7.jpg

Flip flops during Winter season? Well, if only you wear somewhere where all year is a hot weather, like Sydney, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Kunming, China, Canary Islands, Malaga, Spain, Sao Paulo, etc. If you live in Europe, you better forget about wearing flip flops during Winter time.