Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

How to wear heels comfortably?

I always have a pain in my feet when I wear heels. No, I am not wearing them all day. After about 1 or 2 hours I have a pain around fingers and midfoot pain. I was searching for info and now I know that I wear my heels wrong way. Can you please tell me how to wear heels comfortably?

• Upvote 1

If you will properly select and use heels, there will never be such questions. I love my 4-inch pumps and I wear them everyday at work. I hate when heels haters say that women should avoid high heels, because they are not comfortable and you can ruin your health. Of course, if you don't know how to wear heels, then it can damage your health. May be you just wearing heels wrong way. But if you wear them right, then there is a chance that something is wrong with your shoes. That's why my personal recommendation is to buy well-crafted heels that are not cheap. I mean, stay away from fast fashion retailers, they do have trendy shoes, but this footwear will break your feet. Never look for less, better save money and buy one good pair, than three or four shoes from a cheap retailer. No I am not saying cheap shoes are bad ones, I am trying to say, this kind of footwear can be made of cheap materials and the structure can hurt your moves. Well-crafted shoes offer more support, padding and stability. Branded shoes can live longer, that's why it's a good investment! Next problem that can be made by you is the wrong size of shoes. they can be either too big or too small. No, this is not somekind of bodycon dress or boyfriends look! These are heels! Smaller or bigger pair won't support your feet correctly. If shoes don't fit you, skip them! Of course, if they are made of leather and they are tight, you should walk a bit, so they can fit the shape of your feet, but if you walk already one or two weeks and you still have pain, then the size doesn't suit you. I also have essential tips for you that can help you:

highheelhacks5.jpg

highheelhacks6.jpg

highheelhacks10.jpg

highheelhacks18.jpg

• Upvote 1

Heels are beautiful shoes that make any woman look ladylike and chic. Yes, they look beautiful, but can hurt your feet so much. But, everything is possible, I mean, if you know what and how to wear heels, they can become your must-haves and you will never wear flats again. First rule of fight club...wait a sec! We ain't in a club, LOL. Anyway, first thing first. Choose an appropriate heel geight. Sometimes it's better to lose some height, than feeling unstable in skyscraper heels. If you never walked in high heels, then you better start from 3 or 4 inch heels. 5 inches stilettos can be too much for a start. Think of comfort that should be the first place. Next thing is the walk. Concentrate on the way how you walk in these shoes. It's a science baby! That's not the same as walking in trainers. pay attention to the rest of your body. walk heel to toe so you give your feet a sexy movement. Before walking on the streets, better practice at home. See yourself in a mirror and try 5-10 meter walk in front of it. Did you like it? If yes, then you can use them outside the house. If not, try to walk some hours, it will also stretch all the areas of your shoes. It's very important to choose the right shape of your heels. If you have wide toes, then you better stay away from pointed toe heels. Or if your feet are flat, then you shouldnt try anything that is taller than 3 inches. Next trick is to use moleskin. Use it to line your shoes. This material can be cut and applied directly on problem areas. For beginners I recommend to start from heels with platforms. they are more comfy. Use anti blister stick, this plaster is a savior for problem areas of your feet. Use transparent one! You can wear padded inserts if the balls of your feet are your main issue. You can also use heel grips if your feet are narrow. Hope these tricks will help you.

• Upvote 1

Go for heels with adjustable straps and buckles, this detail will make sure your heels fit ideally with your feet. Always measure your shoe size and feet before buying high heels. Always buy shoes with leather soles, as they will last longer, there wont be any smell inside and you will feel more comfortable in these heels. Make sure your feet can move in shoes. Why is it so important? If your soles don't move at all, then your feet will hurt after some time. If you are beginner, then you beter choose chunky heels at first and then after some period, you can go for stilettos.

• Upvote 1

If your shoes are uncomfortable, then you better know some tips on how to make heels comfortable. The first easy way is to use silicone pads (they are great with open toe so your feet doesn't slip out just insert them inside and leave the pressure on the toe), then you can go for sticky tape blister, heel lighters made of rubbery silicone(with regular pair of pumps on the back).