StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Thompson

What are best boots for short legs?

Okay, I am short legs lady and sometimes I have problems in finding shoes for my height. I am not saying it's mission impossible, but I do have difficulties, like spending hours in shop trying on ALL shoes. The cold season approaches and I want to know what are best boots for short legs? Any advice? Thanks

• Upvote 3

Hi @Elizabeth Thompson! It's not cold year, that's why I think you should give a try to flat pumps with pointed-toes. A pointy pair will visually lengthen your legs and you will have possibility to wear them with almost any skirt, trousers or dress. Anyway, answering your question about cold season shoes, I do not recommend to wear knee boots or mid calf boots, as they will only shorten your legs. Best styles to wear are block heeled ankle boots. Heels and wedges are great for making your legs look longer. I recommend to wear designs with vertical zippers and laces, so they can move eyes upward. You should never wear square toe boots, the ones that are slouchy and straps.

• Upvote 2

First of all you need to choose a perfect height boots for your legs. The height of boots shaft has to be around 14 inches or shorter, but it should not be longer than the length of your calf, otherwise it will make you look shorter. Ankle boots will for sure make you look great, but don't buy the ones with square toes. Choose pointed-toe version and wear them with fitted dresses, skinnies and leggings. I don't recommend to wear strappy boots. Stay away from knee boots, they will cut your leg in half visually. Better buy the ones that hit more below the knee. Heel height should be high. One rule: higher, the better. If you don't feel like wearing heels, go for wedges. 

• Upvote 2

I think there are lots of good choices for ladies who have short legs. All you need is to pair them with right clothes, like skinny jeans, mid-calf dresses. I think you should give a try to all kinds of ankle boots starting from flat ones to heeled and wedges. You can also buy beneath the knee riding boots, high heel wedge boots and of course pointed toe boots. 

• Upvote 2

No matter how short you are, but boots are ideal for ladies regardless of their height, age or shape. I guess ladies with legs on the shorter side will want to lengthen their bottoms to create a balanced silhouette. I recommend to choose darker color boots that will visually elongate your legs. Better buy short or tall boots, but avoid mid-calf designs. Next thing is to choose styles with vertical accents and keep away from too much embellished designs. Clean boots keep everyone eyes on your whole look, instead of focusing on the boots. Stay away from slouchy boots.