StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Amelia Walker

What color shoes to wear with a grey dress?

I am invited to a wedding this October as a bridesmaid. The ceremony takes place in a garden and then we go to a big ballroom. The bride told us to wear gray dresses, but she doesn't care what shoes we will wear. So, I want to know what shoe color should I choose with a grey dress? I have a charcoal grey dress and I have no idea what color shoes to wear with it. Would be nice if you can give me some advice? Tips? Ideas? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

It's a big surprise to me that bride doesn't care about what shoes you gonna wear with your grey dress. Anyway, if you have such opportunity, then I advice you to experiment with footwear. You can choose from neutral dark hues, like black, gray and brown to silver, white and bright hues. I would definitely go for black, it's classic, elegant and you can wear bag in any color. Silver metallic or rose gold can be a good choice as well, but you might have a problem matching a bag with it. There is a good choice like nude color. It will elongate your legs and can be styled as black shoes. I know ladies who love to wear gray dresses with yellow shoes. The result looks really awesome. Or you can try navy, they look great as well. 

• Upvote 1

Gray is a neutral color, that's why you can wear it with any shoe color you want. Let it be pink, purple, orange, aqua, coral, turquoise, emerald, light blue, black, white, etc. Or you can go for prints, like florals or wild cheetah or leopard. Sure, the classic options are silver or gray. Silver might be the best. But you can also choose bright hues, like yellow. They do look cute and youthful. By the way, I saw ladies who wear gray with bold red and green pumps result looks extremly sexy and gorgeous. Keep your look clean and bold! 

• Upvote 1

Gray is a very classy color! So you depending on the occasion, you can either team it up with either pink or pale yellow stilettos. I recently attended a bridal shower over here in Florida, for which I wore a grey cocktail dress along with red shoes which really complimented the dress.

• Upvote 1

Before buying new footwear for your grey dress you should consider two things: style of shoes and what color you want to buy. The style is not a very difficult thing, but color does matters very much! You should choose color that will compliment as well as accentuate your dress. Go for black shoes to make your look more edgy and make your whole look more sexy. White shoes will make you look more dressed-down. Brown and grey are ideal with each other. I recommend to try on silver shoes or pick nude ones.