StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
Sandra Torres

What necklace to wear with a v-neck wedding dress?

Hi ladies! I am going to wear a V-neck wedding dress, but I don't know what necklace will suit my bridal gown. Can you advice me interesting jewelry designs I can invest in? I will have my wedding in 4 months and I hope for your help. Thank you.

You have to remember one simple rule, the less is more. In my opinion, you can never go wrong with classic pearl necklaces or the thin ones completed with elegant pendants. You can also add something in your hair like a pin if you want to add more drama. It's very important not to overdo your bridal look, that's why choose one or two jewelries in your face and neck area. Don't go for veil, tiara, earrings, necklaces and pins, this will only make you look heavy and not luxe. Lee your jewelry add a unique touch to your overall appearance. Some wedding gowns come with ornate necklines that can be worn without necklaces at all. Of course, you can add drop earrings if you don't wear a necklace. If the V-neck is deep and comes with a simple look, then you should add statement necklace. The last thing I wanted to mention is to stay away from jewelries that mimic the embellishments of your gown. The matchy-matchy is not for bridal fashion!

I think V-neck wedding gowns look awesome with pendant necklaces. The result looks sweet and elegant to me. Indeed, a thin chain with a simple pendant can totally change your look. This is an elegant way to cover your skin and accessorize your beautiful dress. But of course, pearls are always in and they are absolutely classic! If you want to create a decadent look, then look for crystal choker or something statement. Better avoid chokers, as they won't cover the neck area.

A v-neck dress can be complimented with a pendant necklace, or pretty thin necklace. You should choose an elegant style that doesn't look like a big chain on your neck. If your dress features cap sleeves, I recommend to try on a dainty necklace with pearl pendant. Choose a perfect length of your necklace, don't let it hang in the cleavage, go for necklaces with adjustable length. Avoid bulky designs.