StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
TrendSetter

What to wear for hiking in summer?

Hello everyone! My husband asked me to go hiking with him this Summer and I was wondering what kind of clothes and shoes should I wear? I want to keep myself safe and comfy while exploring beautiful nature and mountains. Are there any particular rules or tips I should follow? Thanks

• Upvote 1

First of all, you need a motivation to walk so many miles, but I guess, if husband asked you to go with him, then you are motivated! Next thing is to know what is the weather like on the day when you are going to hike. want to invest in weather-appropriate and durable hiking clothes. It's important, as if it rains, then you will be needed rainproof clothing, if not, then you can go for shorts and T-shirts. Of course, footwear is a very important aspect, you will need boots or trail shoes, so your feet feel good all day long. Anyway, speaking of clothing, you will need wicking top and nylon shorts. If the weather is hot, you will surely need some two or three additional tees and tank tops. Of course, I prefer to wear sweat-proof tops so I don't need to change them all day long. The waterproof clothes are more comfort and have more presentable appearance. still, you will need additional clothes in your backpack. Never know what can happen. Well, there should be lots of necessary stuff in your bag: as I said, extra clothing, sunglasses, knife, fire starter, flashlight, first aid supplies, map and compass.

There are so many things you need to pack for a hiking day. Your overall look should have the following priorities: it has to be safe, comfortable and stylish (it possible) when it comes to outdoor activities. One thing: you should never scarifice safety and comfort for style. Your look has to be functional, this takes the first place in your outfit. I don't know many hikers who include style in their looks, but there can always exclusions. I recommend to pack as lightly as possible. You can go for 2-3 pairs of quick dry boxer briefs, 3 pairs of wool hiking socks, 2 quick dry t-shirts, 2 normal t-shirts (1 wool, 1 cotton), 1 T-sleeve button up shirt, two or three pairs of quick dry shorts, pair of chino pants, pair of leather sandals, pair of hiking shoes, light jacket, one or two pairs of sunglasses, functional hat or baseball cap, hydration day pack and you are ready to go. Your clothing should be the one that meet requirements of adventural apparel. Even workout clothes can for hiking. All sort of athletic clothing will do, but everything is very individual.

If you decided to hike in the summer, you will need to cover yourself up, I mean, long-sleeves, trousers, face covering as sun protection, brimmed hat, as well as wearing UV-blocking sunglasses, so you don't get burned. Avoid heavy layers. Just remember to use the most breathable and lightweight materials. Before you go to the mountains you better check weather conditions.

• Upvote 2

Look for shirts, shorts and pants in white, tan or khaki. Wear loose, breathable clothing: Lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that breathes well will help your body regulate temperature. Nylon and polyester are good choices. Cotton can be OK: You've heard it before: cotton kills