Sign in to follow this  
annawinter

What are acceptable colors to wear to a wedding?

Hello everyone! I wonder what kind of colors are okay to wear to weddings. I think white color in unaccaptable to wear on the wedding, but how about other hues for wedding quests? Is there some kind of wedding guest etiquette that demands people to follow some special rules? Can you be so kind telling me what are acceptable colors to wear to a wedding? Thanks

The first thing you should do is to ask the bride if there are any colors you should avoid, or what colors you should wear. If there are no particular preferences, then you are okay to wear any color of the rainbow, as long as it suits the wedding set and dress code. Sure, white is not appropriate, but sometimes brides ask her quests to be in white, then you better wear white. Best colors of this year are of course jewel tones, earth hues and pastels.

I recommend to avoid colors that coordinate with bride's dress. Better avoid sheer fabrics and light colors, especially white hue, unless you were specifically asked to wear it. Some couples hate to see guests in black color, so you better choose something in between jewel and pastel hues.

I think the best colours you can wear to a wedding is any rainbow colour, as well as purple, pink, grey, salmon red, burnt orange. I personally love to see women in pastel or jewel tone attire, as well in earth tones. Of course, everything depends on the overall atmosphere. If you are in doubt about color choice, then you should go for a conservative hue, let it be black, navy blue, grey or any other dark shade.