StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
annawinter

How to wear overalls fashionably?

Hello fashion lovers and trendsetters! I just bought myself awesome overalls for half-price, but the thing is I have no idea how to wear them? I mean, how to wear overall fashionably? I want to know interesting tips and may be images how to make them look great on me? Thanks

Hello Dear @annawinter! I am glad you decided to try this one-piece trend! This "childhood" trend is making a HUGE comeback this year and you can create all kinds of awesome looks with it. I just have no idea how your overalls look like? Are they made of denim, suede, cotton? Are they slim fit or baggy oversized? What is the color? Well, all these aspects are very important for those who want to create a fashionable look. Anyway, I will share with you my personal factors that I think are important in creating a fashionable overalls look. One thing unites all overalls and its the tomboyish and ultra comfortable look. Sure, if you don't want to look like a farmer, then you better follow these tips: 

• Right fit is very important if you want to create a high fashion look. Look for slim cut rather baggy ones, a streamlined look is very important;
  • You better know how to layer them. Indeed, layering is key...think of a blouse wearing underneath or a cool tee, if you have balls, then let it be a crop top. If the weather is cold, go for a blazer or leather jacket to feel warm;
  • Update your overalls with a beautiful and ladylike accessory, like luxe and statement shoes, embellished adult jewelry;
  • Denim overalls are worn by everyone, BUT I suggest you to buy the ones made of leather or softer fabrics;
  • Better buy the ones that are colored in bright and trendy colors;
  • Another thing is the footwear. We usually wear overalls with flat shoes, but I recommend to try them with HEELS! Sleek stilettos, platforms or wedges are ideal for overalls.

Hope these ideas and tips will help you create an awesome look! ;)

I am 32 and I remember last year myself in a shop wondering to buy overalls or not! I bought them, and you know what? I liked them very, very, very much! At first I was feeling like I am a kid and I am somewhere in kindergarten, but then I tried them with my everyday clothes and accessories and you know what? That strange feeling disappeared. Sure, there are ways how to style them in right way so you look chic and trendy.

Take a look at a few tips for:

I recommend to try on overalls in unexpected color! If you are bored with skinny jeans, then try on tapered overalls, they are edgy alternative and I do love the cropped length in dark color that makes overalls looks impeccably cool and oh-so-chic! I know, you can wear them with high heels and wedges, but let them be edgy by adding trainers, booties or cool sandals. The traditional blue overalls in denim can be updated with your favorite sweatshirts and jackets worn under or over this one-piece. All you need is to choose layers in cool pattern. Those layers better be in different texture. Try something unexpected, like lace, leather? What I love the best is sailor chic look, so I recommend to try on striped shirt or pullover underneath overalls!

The childhood staple is back on fashion track this year. The overalls look chic as never before. I don't know how about you, but I enjoyed wearing my overalls in elementary school. Now the time has come, as I see lots of designers bringing overalls back in fashion. This year's versions are chic, glamour and extremely functional. The overalls can be as chic as their cousin- jumpsuit. 

As you can see, there are charming and elegant selections from various brands and designers. There are baggy boyfriend styles that are ripped and distressed, there are patched versions, slim-fits, 1970's inspired, printed, etc. My personal favorites are those vintage corduroy boot-cut versions that can ideally match lightweight blouse or semi-sheer turtleneck. Each one of the showcased styles if very easy to style. This basic garment will spice-up any look. Why do I like them? They are insanely simple and versatile. Plus, believe me, they will draw everyone's attention.