Sign in to follow this  
Glamlover

what is the difference between skinny and slim fit jeans?

I want to know the main differences between two type of jeans: skinnies and slim fit ones. Please tell me, as I find myself confused sometimes, as I see skinny jeans, but it is written they are slim fit ones.

• Upvote 1

It's quite easy. The skinnies are so tight that you can possibly name them to be your second skin, whilst the slim jeans are tight, but they do have a bit room (slim fit are more tight than regular ones, but looser than skinnies). Of course, if you are curvy girl, then you better avoid wearing skinnies, as this type of jeans is mostly worn by slim people. Plus size ladies wear slim fit jeans, that's why they look like they're wearing skinnies. Slim fits are ideal for those ladies who do not want to show their legs in tight position.

• Upvote 1

The tightest version is skinny jeans. This type of denim bottoms is made with narrow look from hem to waist. Slim fits are tight, but not as skinnies. The slim fits are ideal for those ladies who want to wear skinnies, but they just don't fit into skinny ones. Yes, some slim fit jeans styles look as skinnies, but believe me, they are more relaxed than skinnies. The last but not least, once you try REAL skinnies, believe me, you will remember that day FOREVER! Personally, I find them extremely UNCOMFORTABLE!

It's quite simple: skinnies tend to be more elastic and they tightly cover your legs till ankles, while slim jeans have more straight leg and they are a little bit looser through the leg and don't hug ankles so much. If you are a very skinny girl, better buy slim jeans, so you don't look thin. As well as ladies with larger legs look better in slim ones.