Sign in to follow this  
Glamlover

what should i wear to a wedding?

You can go for a suit or a dress. Just keep attention to the dress code of the upcoming ceremony. Let it be a comfy and dressy outfit. I suggest to choose either a long dress, suit or a jumpsuit.

The most important thing to remember when getting ready for a wedding is that you want to look chic and stylish, but you don't want to distract everyone's attention from the bride. Go for festive outfit that can be done in a jewel-tone fabric, like emerald green, ruby and red or blue. I recommend to choose heavy fabrics, like tweed or velvet. The most important thing is to avoid wearing boots.

I recommend guests to wear the following:

• comfy dress: pencil, flared, knee-length, midi or even maxi can work. The color has to be light that suits your skin tone. You can go for dark color, but keep your look fresh, otherwise it will look like you are going to funeral. Avoid white dresses, you are not BRIDE!
  • jumpsuits. The same colors as for dresses. Go for tailored ones. I do not recommend to wear lace jumpsuits, unless it's a boho inspired wedding.
  • skirt + top looks: keep it light or dark colored. you can choose pastel hues to underline your individuality.
  • top + trousers: the same colors as in skirt and tops look. Keep your trousers comfy, I recommend to choose wide leg trousers, but you can go for slim ones.

Okay, so you are going to attend a wedding. You should keep in mind several things. One of them is you should not wear white dress, this will make bride angry! Don't show too much skin, this is another faux pas for weddings. I am not saying you can't be sexy, as your dress can have one sexy element, like a plunging V-neckline, short hemline, side cut-out or low back. You should accessorize your frock appropriately, I mean go for elegant earrings, cocktail ring or cute necklace. The very first thing you should do before getting dressed is to read the invitation. There is usually said what is the dress code of the upcoming wedding. Try to avoid classic solid colour dresses, as you can look like a bridesmaid. I don't recommend to steal the show. If you are overdressed, then you left only one thing: be self-confident.